Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2022 21:00

Aurora R8, AWCC buggy

Your latest Alienware Command Center is buggy. It automatically updated via the Microsoft Store, when I opened your app it downloaded some things and installed them. Restarted my computer it says again additional components required. I click download it goes to a box saying the same thing but the only way to close is to click and isn't downloading anything. When I close that it shows an update available in the top right in green, I click that shows the same box. I download your file on your website for the latest Alienware cc and that will not do anything. It just shows a white box that locks up and the only way to close that is task manager. 

• 

16.7K Posts

June 2nd, 2022 04:00

Our engineering team is requesting the logs from your computers. You can upload the files online and share the link with us. Thank you for your assistance. Below are the locations.

%temp%/AWCCInstallationManager.log

%SystemRoot%/Temp/AWCCInstallationManager.log

%temp%/ELCSetup.log

%temp%/FirmwareUtility.log

%temp%/PackageInstaller.log

%temp%/NotifierLog/ToastErr.log

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2022 08:00

Disable AWCC automatic updates

Method 1: Disable using Killer Control Center
* Open the Killer Control Center
* Click PRIORITZATION ENGINE
* Find AWCC and Download/upload Host and click Block on the right
* At this point, when you open AWCC, the screen may be blank and the application would require some time to load up
* Once AWCC application, go to settings, then select field Misc. and disable Diagnosis Data and close the Window

Method 2: Disable using McAfee
* Open McAfee Firewall
* Click Change settings
* In McAfee Firewall, select Internet Connections and Programs, find AWCC and select it and scroll down till you see buttons Add/Edit/Delete -> Select Edit button
* Select Block and save

Method 3: Disable using Windows Defender Firewall
* Use "CTRL+R" or Win key and type “wf.msc” to open Windows Defender Firewall
* Within the left panel select Outbound Rules and within the list at the middle panel find AWCC and double-click or right click and select Properties. New Window would open. Within the General field select Block the Connection Apply the changes and Click OK

AWCC (Alienware Command Center), AW OC (Alienware OC Controls) Installation instructions

* Download/save the latest AWCC 5.5.0.0 directly from the Aurora R8 drivers page (or your specific PC model drivers page) to your Windows desktop
* Download/save the latest Alienware OC Controls Application 1.3.68.1380 directly from the Aurora R8 drivers page to your Windows desktop
* Right click the saved AWCC 5.5.0.0, click Run as administrator. Follow the prompts
* Right click the saved Alienware OC Controls Application 1.3.68.1380, click Run as administrator. Follow the prompts
* When done, restart the PC

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 8th, 2022 04:00

* Uninstall Windows update KB5014019
* Restart the PC
* Then try to install AWCC 5.5.0.0

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 9th, 2022 07:00

The new AWCC 5.x User's Guide page 10 has new installation instructions.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

July 15th, 2022 08:00

AWCC 5.5.8.0 is now available. Please update to the latest version and let us know if it helps.

Capture.JPG

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

July 15th, 2022 14:00

Great!

The installation of the AWCC 5.5.8.0 works fine.

The new version even identfied the issue I had with Fusion. Due to Hyper-V being installed it did not work before. Also solved.

Thanks & have a nice weekend!

No Events found!