Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

October 11th, 2019 21:00

Aurora R8, how to adjust fan speed?

I bought a Aurora R8 with GTX2080. Somehow the fan runs very fast all the time and it makes a lot of noise. Can anyone help me to change the fan speed? Thx a lot.

402 Posts

October 12th, 2019 13:00

You need to give more details if you expect any meaningful help. There are several fans in your computer depending on configuration. If you let us know which fan you want to control, then that'll make it a whole lot easier to give you a detailed response.

Generally speaking however, AWCC can be used to control fan curves for the intake fan as well as the radiator exhaust fan or CPU fan (if air-cooled). Something like MSI Afterburner can be used to control fan speeds on Nvidia graphic cards.

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2021 11:00

I have a similar issue where my front fan speed is running at 99% at all times and when I try adjust the fan speed through the AWCC there is no effect.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

February 3rd, 2021 16:00

The other thing is that the OEM Alienware Liquid cooler (which sometimes shows up as "CPU fan" in AWCC) is also not controllable, and it runs at a fixed high RPM of 4000 to 5000. 

If the AVC front fan were running at 99 percent, it would be VERY loud, since that is a 5000+ RPM fan. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

February 3rd, 2021 16:00

Is the OEM Dell (AVC) fan running at 99%, or did you install an aftermarket 3PIN fan which is running at 99%?  If you are referring to a 3PIN fan, aftermarket 3 PIN fans are not controllable in AWCC. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 3rd, 2021 19:00

my front fan speed is running at 99% at all times and when I try adjust the fan speed through the AWCC there is no effect.

====================

This is how I set AW-CC on my Aurora-R6.

I set Thermal Controller to Manual.
Then, I setup a nice-little up-hill Curve for FRONT-FAN (Linked-to CPU Sensor).

Works fine. At Idle, Front-Fan spins slowly. Later, when video-card needs more cool-air (for gaming, etc.)... well, main CPU is going faster also so works-out pretty good.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2021 10:00

It is stock, the only upgrades i did was the GPU and power supply. I have been running both for over a year without issue. The fan speed came on suddenly two weeks ago and hasn't gone away, adjusting through AWCC does not work. I tried adjusting fan speed curve through manual, switching to performance, balanced and custom configurations. I tried turning off and on. It does not seem to work. Is there any other trouble shooting I can do?

568 Posts

February 7th, 2021 10:00

About a week ago my R8 AWCC was acting up running fans not at the speed I wanted. I wanted AWCC Service to start sooner so I changed it from "Start Autmatically (Delayed)" to "Start Automatically". I fixed it by returning to the original value with a delayed start.

I don't think this is your problem, but I do suggest you reinstall completely AWCC.

No Events found!