Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

3 Posts

May 20th, 2020 22:00

Aurora R8, just purchased, Corsair fan?

What's up everyone. so I just purchased my first AW product. I have been seeing numerous negative reviews about the fan sounding like a "Jet taking off", which does have me worried. Here are my specs that I chose:

-9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores)

-512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

-Alienware 850 Watt Power Supply with High Performance Liquid Cooling

-NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

-16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

In case I do have to change out the case fans for the noise, would this Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB 120mm PWM Single Fan fit correctly into the chassis?

Thanks. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 21st, 2020 08:00

@GorillaYeti   In case I do have to change out the case fans for the noise, would this fit correctly into the chassis?

Congrats on purchasing a nice computer (except for that spinner drive)

The fan in your link will fit in the chassis, either as a replacement for the lower front intake fan, or for the second fan in a push/pull radiator sandwich. For the top exhaust radiator fan, you must have at least one Corsair ML120 PRO (no LED, no RGB) in order to avoid the BIOS startup error.

May 21st, 2020 12:00

Thank you. For the lower front intake fan, will I be able to see the RGB colors from the outside of the case? It's hard for me to know all the locations of where the fans will be at since I just ordered the computer yesterday.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 21st, 2020 17:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 21st, 2020 21:00

You'll probably be able to see it faintly through the black plastic grill.  

2.2K Posts

May 21st, 2020 22:00

@GorillaYeti :

For the lower front intake fan, will I be able to see the RGB colors from the outside of the case?

Like what @r72019 , the light will come out through the metal chassis holes and the plastic bezel grill. But what will you control the RGB with? There's no JCORSAIR header on the R8 motherboard and the QL120 single pack doesn't ship with Lighting Node CORE. In fact, the RGB header on the mobo is proprietary and not even standard 12V DRGB/ 5V ARGB.

May 22nd, 2020 01:00

Ah ok, makes a lot more sense now.

No Events found!