Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

8 Posts

March 1st, 2020 19:00

Aurora R8, top fan activates all the time

I bought my Alienware Aurora R8, liquid cooled, back in December 2018 so my system is a little over a year old.  It has an Nvidia 2080 OC, Core I-9 9900K CPU, etc.  In the last couple of months the top cooling fan seems to routinely go off to blow heat even though I'm playing what I would consider lower end games.  The constant venting of the fan makes it troublesome to try to live stream because it makes about as much noise as someone's hair dryer going off.

I am running Alienware Update, the most recent BIOS, and AWCC.  I really don't know what to do about it at this point. 

Help would be nice since my PC didn't do this for most of the time I've owned it. 

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

March 1st, 2020 23:00

What’s the CPU and GPU temps when the fan starts revving?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2020 12:00

@rhiett  Help would be nice since my PC didn't do this for most of the time I've owned it. 

If your computer suddenly started behaving differently, then perhaps something has changed with respect to the internal components. Have you opened the case and blown out all the dust, to include the radiator and fans? It is possible that you may need to re-apply the thermal paste on your CPU/heatsink interface. Lately, have you noticed any fluid dripping down from your CPU water block onto your graphics card

No Events found!