Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 2nd, 2020 23:00

Aurora R9, AWCC Fusion page infinite loading

Hi there, I have an Aurora R9 I purchased in January 2020 that is having trouble with Alienware Command Center. The entire Fusion section is just a big loading screen. I can see all the other pages, but I am unable to manipulate temp or OC controls from the Home tab either. I have already done a clean uninstall and had to reinstall from the Microsoft Store, which took me literally an entire day because I kept getting an install error when using the version from the Dell site, then if you search for the AWCC in the Microsoft store nothing comes up. It wasn't until I downloaded the My AW app from the MSFT store that I found a link to a working install. After installing it did install all the packages for audio, FX and OC controls. 

2 months earlier, just like other posts have said, the AlienFX quit working and you couldn't control it from the CC. This wasn't really a concern to me until a few days ago when the entire CC froze and then became all glitched with pixelated imaging and shadow images and whatnot. It was after this that I finally had to uninstall it. I wouldn't be worried about it at all if yesterday my CPU temps hadn't started to climb into dangerous levels. I noticed it sounded like it was throttling so I checked my CPU temp and under load it was spiking at 100C and sits at 40C at idle. Unless I'm putting it under high  load, most of the time the case is suspiciously, even with RDR2 on ultra at 1440 it remains quiet. Up until now I just assumed that was the water cooling doing its job. I could probably deduce the cause quickly If I could apply a more aggressive fan profile. Unfortunately now I can't find an alternate software, 3rd party or otherwise, that will allow me to actually adjust my fan control settings.  Without an alternative it's rapidly beginning to look like I will need to send my new PC in for a service, which with Coronavirus going on now, who knows how long I'd be without a PC before it actually got back to me.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. If I forgot to include anything please let me know, thanks in advance.

Wash your hands everybody!

3 Posts

January 21st, 2021 12:00

Third party applications can interfere with Fusion loading. For instance, I use MSI Afterburner software to set temperature and fan limits. However, if I allow MSI to load up during boot, Fusion fails to load in the latest version of Alienware OC controls. If I start AWCC first and MSI second, then they work together flawlessly.

No Events found!