Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

October 30th, 2019 08:00

Aurora R9, delayed shipment

I ordered the Alienware Aurora R9 on October 12th, and it said it was supposed to come today. But now I see it's delayed until December 23rd. So now I have to wait 2 months to get my computer after I bought the monitor and mouse and mouse pad and keyboard. Id rather not have that stuff sitting there collecting dust until Christmas. And by that time I could have gotten discounts or better deals for the holidays. So is there a way I can see what the hold up is? Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

October 30th, 2019 09:00

I'd suggest posting in the Customer Care section:

https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/bd-p/Customer-Care?ref=lithium_menu

Or reach out to the section moderator: @SreejithR 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 30th, 2019 12:00

@NatePick   So now I have to wait 2 months to get my computer . . .

You might consider threatening to cancel the order, and then negotiate a good deal on an Aurora R8. It is basically the same computer with a different plastic cover. You may be able to get a better CPU and graphics card for an equivalent price. Make sure your CPU is liquid cooled.

11 Posts

November 4th, 2019 12:00

Your order probably isn't planned to be delivered at any point, I experienced the same thing with my Aurora R8 this past week.  Something along the lines of shortage of parts, we don't ship to California, manufacturers can't decide which PSU to use.  They will literally say anything.

No Events found!