Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

May 8th, 2020 05:00

Aurora R9, headset mic not working

I have a brand new Alienware Aurora R9 desktop, and I haven’t been able to get my headset mic to work. I’m using a splitter, and the system recognizes that a jack mic is plugged in, but the mic doesn’t work. Troubleshooting finds no problems. Initially thought it was the particular headset I was using so I bought one specifically designed for pc use ( Astro A40, no mixamp ). I’ve tried both the front panel and the rear panel jacks. Interestingly, when my brother was trying to help me troubleshoot, he had me swap the inputs ( ie headphones in mic jack and mic in headphones jack ) and he was able to hear me, but it was very muffled and distant. I obviously wouldn’t expect mic to function well swapping the jacks, but I am perplexed. I’ve read through countless guides and forums but am having no luck getting the mic to work. Does anyone have experience with a similar issue or have ideas for what else I can try? 

2 Intern

• 

676 Posts

May 8th, 2020 08:00

hi , is your mic turned on ... on the headset ? Try windows control panel-sound to see if it’s enabled maybe. Also maybe try the headset on another machine to rule it out. Good luck I hope you get figured out.

2 Posts

May 8th, 2020 09:00

It is turned on. I’ve tested the A40s and a few other headsets, all of which work on different computers and devices so it doesn’t seem to be a problem with the headset itself. It’s brand new. I’ve fiddled with all of the settings for enabling/disabling and re-enabling, updating drivers, setting as default. No luck with any of that. Thanks for your thoughts! I hope it is settings related and not a hardware issue since the pc is only a few weeks old. 

2 Intern

• 

676 Posts

May 8th, 2020 13:00

I hear ya I was so excited getting my R9 I have always wanted an Alienware machine for very long time... hell im an old guy just getting into gaming. Well I hope you figure it out if I come up with something I’ll hit ya up. I really think it’s a setting thing tho. I have heard of new machines having loose connections and loose damn graphic cards right out of the box. I hope you figure it out or at least get some help in here. Reddit Alienware forum is pretty help too.

1 Message

June 16th, 2020 18:00

I'm having the same issue as well, can't seem to find any answers online either!

July 10th, 2020 18:00

hey did you ever find a solution? 

No Events found!