Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2019 08:00

Corsair AIO, Noctua, Aurora R1 Case, and a MS-7591 Mobo... Compatibility!!!!!

Mobo: Alienware Aurora R1 Motherboard LGA1366 MS-7591 (Intel micro ATX)

Case: Aurora R1 (2010)

AIO: H60-85

Fans: Noctua

I'm not replacing the case nor do I have time the remove much paneling. Only 2 things need replacing, in my mind, and I shall not accept other suggestions.

Question(s): Will the Corsair H60/75/80 AIO mount to my mobo right out of the box without having to remove additional paneling to install a back plate built for compatibility purposes? Will Noctua fans fit, properly, on said AIO(s) rad? As for Noctua products, I know that each fan is rated to do a certain job... I just don't know which ones I'd need for a dual fan setup. Will a dual fan'd rad fit in the R1 case?

I don't plan on using anything other than an AIO, ever! Corsair forum is dead (no one will answer me, and that goes for Noctua support AND Alienware Arena keeps having my posts removed). Not waiting another week for a response from them. Please, just give me an answer - whether or not all I ask can be done?

Many, many thanks!!!!

757 Posts

December 1st, 2019 10:00

If your Aurora has the original AIO the you will need to install the Corsair backplate included with the product.

I've installed on my R1 (2009) Aurora the Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 Water / Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm fans and replaced the Corsair fans with two push/pull NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM Fans with Focused Flow.

The Corsair mounting screws were a bit short making the installation difficult but acceptable.

So the two 120mm NF fans with the wider radiator will work on the R1 very well. 

There is no back plate to remove. You will have to remove the MB to install the back plate. Take pictures and label wires for the reinstall of MB, USB, etc..

5 Posts

December 2nd, 2019 05:00

Thank you, for the response. All questions answered!

No Events found!