Start a Conversation

Unsolved

372 Posts

January 18th, 2019 10:00

Area-51 R5, transfer warranty to Ecuador?

I bought my Area-51 R5 in the USA June 2018.  Then retired to Ecuador 6 months later.  Bought the 2 year corp. Premium support and was told as a personal user I could only buy a Corporate Premium support for hardware and software.   This support would 100% cover me in Ecuador.  Now had a problem with my lights.  Now I was able to get phone support but now told I am not covered until I move my warranty to Ecuador. So I hope this is painless and does not cost me more money.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 18th, 2019 13:00

Hi @markshaheen,

Yes, the system will be covered in Ecuador, but you must transfer the guarantee there in order to obtain local assistance.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 18th, 2019 13:00

Hi @markshaheen,

Yes, the system will be covered in Ecuador, but you must transfer the guarantee there in order to obtain local assistance.

372 Posts

January 18th, 2019 15:00

While this sounds good, I am running into a little issue.  AW sent me a link.  When I enter my tag this is the response I am getting. 

This service tag holding product cannot be processed for retail registration. Please click here for transfer of ownership.

372 Posts

January 19th, 2019 16:00

Well... AW has sent me a link for the US and Canada.   I did complete the US one and put my S. American address in it last month. 

So.. what now for my $300?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2019 11:00

@markshaheen,

If the warranty was already transferred to Ecuador, you can call your local support for assistance. 

372 Posts

January 22nd, 2019 19:00

AW and I keep playing try it again. Still does not work despite being told to click the same US or Canada link. When I paid for the premium corporate service, I told them I am a home user, not a Company. I think in Dec clicked the link and registered my Ecuador address. Nada, nothing and still no paid for service.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2019 09:00

@markshaheen,

Send me a private message with your Service Tag so I can review your account. 

No Events found!