Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

12 Posts

November 18th, 2018 05:00

X51-R2, video card upgrade?

I have the default/factory fitted NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and was wondering if/what I could upgrade this too?

Becuase of the small form case that I believe that I need a Founders edition graphics card (but I don't know what this is exactly) and I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Would someone be able to give me a bit of advice to regarding this?

Would it be a simple straight swap?
Do I need an also upgrade the power unit (can I upgrade the power unit in this model?)

Would I be better advised to place it all in a new case (can I place it all in a new case?)

Some advice is greatly appreciated

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 18th, 2018 06:00

I would not go through all the trouble of trying to move everything to a new case. The system is approaching 5 years old, I believe. And Dell motherboards have proprietary plugs and connectors. And since you have a power adapter, moving everything would be a nightmare. If you have reached that point, possibly a new system or build your own might be alternatives.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 18th, 2018 06:00

2 power adapters were supplied with the X51 R2. One was 240W the other 330W. If you have the 330W then you could upgrade to maybe a GTX 1050 which requires a 300W power supply. If you have the smaller adapter then you will have to upgrade to the 330W. However the GTX 750Ti spec called for a minimum of 300W so I suspect that you already have the 330W adapter.

Founder's edition cards are reference cards built by manufacturers, such as Nvidia, on a limited basis to demonstrate suggested design builds of their cards.

12 Posts

November 18th, 2018 13:00

So, in theory, I could upgrade the graphics card, but the system is coming to its end of life (can be used as a computer sill but moving forward the necessary upgrades wouldn't be cost effective and would be simple to get a new system)

No Events found!