Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 1st, 2019 11:00

X51 R2, Factory reset settings, having issue

So I purchased a Alieanware X51 R2 from my friend and factory reset it m, but when I did issues started happening. First when I logged in it would give me a black screen, then got past that and my account was disabled. So I created an administrator account to log on that worked bout now everytime I log off or turn it off I can not get back on, I have to reset it completely everytime. I was wondering if it is a windows problem? I have the windows 8.1 disc that the computer came with how can I fix this problem I was thinking to boot it up off that disc and just use windows 8.1 instead of windows 10? Please help me out this is really annoying me. Computer worked fine before i factory reset it. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 1st, 2019 13:00

@Colebax1203 wrote:

I understand how to use it I just dont know how I can run it if I cannot log on to the computer? 

Fair enough. :Smile:

Yeah, you will have to fix that problem first. Sounds like it might be time to Nuke-and-Pave again. :Cool:

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-R7-M-2-NVMe-bootable-options/m-p/6073081/highlight/true#M3401

April 1st, 2019 11:00

Please show me how to boot it up through windows 8.1 too please?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 1st, 2019 12:00

Don't forget to immediately install all the Windows Updates rebooting after each update. You might have to run windows Update many times to get all of the updates since the computer was new. Keep updating until there are no new updates left. The version you installed is woefully out of date now.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 1st, 2019 12:00

@Colebax1203 wrote:

and just use windows 8.1 instead of windows 10? 

No, not a good idea.

a. Does it pass (F12 on boot) ePSA Diagnostics? If it does, continue ...

b. what does Windows Reliability Report show? Also, are any errors red/critical ?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@Colebax1203 wrote:

There was no errors running the ePSA test

Good. Then there is a 90% chance your hardware is ok.

How about Windows Reliability Report ?

There was no errors running the ePSA test

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@Colebax1203 wrote:

1. First when I logged in it would give me a black screen,

2. then got past that and my account was disabled.

3. So I created an administrator account to log on that worked bout

4. now everytime I log off or turn it off I can not get back on, I have to reset it completely everytime. 

1. Not normal

2. Not normal

3. should not have been required (Windows installer should have done it)

4. Not normal

Sounds like a "bad/failed install" or you have some kind of hardware-problem (maybe just the main hard-disk). If so, drop in a spare HDD and be sure it runs 100% properly. Then, pull that old spinner out and install a 240gb/512gb SSD ... be fast and happy.

How do i run windows reliability test?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@Colebax1203 wrote:

How do i run windows reliability test?

Your gonna have to learn how to use Google for the common Windows questions.

Also it was factory reset last night and it is now stuck in restart loop everytime I pick the wifi then click next (tried with no wifi too) it says just a moment and loads then just restarts and goes back to first page

I understand how to use it I just dont know how I can run it if I cannot log on to the computer? 

April 1st, 2019 14:00

Will do that after work tonight will let you know if it works! 

April 3rd, 2019 17:00

Nuke and Pave ended up working finally! 

No Events found!