Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

May 8th, 2020 10:00

X51 R2, no signal from GTX 760 Ti to monitor

Hello,

I recently ran into a problem with my X51 R2.  When booting I get the Alienware splash screen, and then the Windows 10 login screen.  When I enter my Windows 10 password, both of my monitors go blank and I get a "No Signal To Monitor" notice on both monitors.

I opened the case and ensured the video card is seated correctly.

I checked for a BIOS update.  I am running A12, and for some reason Dell says A10 is the most current.  However, the site would not let me do a BIOS downgrade (not sure that would help anyway).

I do get video from the onboard Intel graphics card, via HDMI.  That works perfectly.

I bought the PC new.  It has been running flawlessly from day 1.

I thought I might need a new video card.  The PC came with a GTX 760 Ti out of the box.

I purchased a MSI GTX 1650, which is PCI Express 3.0.  However the card does not fit into the case due to an apparent size difference between it and the GTX 760 Ti.  This seems strange.  I would have expected any PCI Express 3.0 card to fit the case.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any insight into what "new" video card would be recommended, that will fit into the case is also appreciated.

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

May 8th, 2020 17:00

sounds like your system automatically decides to send video to iGPU instead of dGFx?  try reset cmos jumper on motherboard to clear cmos settings.  Is it the original 760 Ti?

May 10th, 2020 12:00

Yes.  Original card.  I don't mind replacing it, if necessary.  However, it appears the small form factor of the case precluded some cards from fitting.  The GTX 1650 I bought does not fit.  Not sure if there is a current replacement I can buy.

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

May 10th, 2020 14:00

I think the R2 uses intel 3rd gen cpu. Replacement gpu has to be equal or shorter than stock. Many options for standard length or mini gpu out there. Send your cpu spec I can try make some recommendation. Also send your stock gpu length.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

May 10th, 2020 15:00

@bsashcraft I'm not sure that is a GPU problem, especially since the monitor feed doesn't cut out until after windows loads. 

See of you can go into BIOS, f2 on startup, advanced setup, onboard device configuration, and then if you have the option to enable multi-display.  It seems like it's getting stuck on igfx and ignoring discrete gfx.  I realize you may not have multiple monitors, but the idea here is to allow it to show the discrete signal even if only as a secondary feed. 

1 Message

January 22nd, 2021 07:00

The same problem - can there someone help?

Mothing help - BIOS update, CMOC clear etc. And now I cant see at device manager my GTX760Ti. Try on other PC this card - work fine

No Events found!