Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Community Manager

• 

377 Posts

September 17th, 2022 03:00

"DS: If a new Alienware Desktop were to launch, what features would you want to see?"

If a new Alienware Desktop were to launch, what features would you want to see?

17 Posts

September 17th, 2022 23:00

Complete new redesigned case with better modern fans.

A case that can handle a large water cooler and have an opinion to have a large cooler. 

Better MotherBoard and heat sinks on the chips.

Bring back Area-51. That case seemed to be the best modern Alienware design case. But I could be wrong.

Watch GamerzNexus video about the new computer. That sums up what we want. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtnBr-v2ufs

FYI We Love Alienware and want it to be the best it can be.

1 Rookie

• 

176 Posts

September 17th, 2022 05:00

1. A cooling system that actually works so the CPU is not immediately power throttled out of the box.

2. A chassis and proper heat spreaders to go with it, IE not made from a chassis and parts Dell had available, wrapped in fancy plastic.

3. A motherboard that you can actually replace if it fails, with a 3rd party product.

4. Dell to stop pretending they make fully upgradable Alienware PC's. Be honest and be up front. Your getting it at this price because you won't be able to upgrade the CPU or the GPU to the next generation versions because we lock the BIOS to make sure you can't.

5. Ditch the AWCC. The AWCC achieves nothing other than the ability to set the lights on a R13, both overclocking profiles offered actually slow the machine down. That is if you can get them to work, for many users every BIOS update after 1.2.1 has broken overclocking both in the BIOS and the AWCC for high end R13 users.

6. In summary actually build a proper Alienware PC like the old Area 51, and early Aurora versions instead of Dells cut down version of one.  

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

September 17th, 2022 06:00

Complete adherence to the ATX 3.0 standard for all components used.

2 Intern

• 

262 Posts

September 17th, 2022 10:00

Standards-based components. No more proprietary parts! True upgradeability.

11 Posts

September 17th, 2022 15:00

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm Still bitter about the fact I cant upgrade my r10 to a 5000 series ryzen.

No Events found!