Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2016 13:00

17R3 Slow Boot Problem

Dear All,

I got my replaced 17R3 a few days ago, but I found out a major problem at startup.

When I pressed the power button, logo & keyboard lights on, but the black screen lasted for minutes before getting into the "alienware loading screen". After the alienware loading screen, it only takes seconds to get in the Windows.

I have tried to install different versions of BIOS, the problem seems solved after updated. However, when I shut down the computer for awhile, the problem appear again.

How can I solve the Slow Boot Problem?

Sorry for my English as I am not from the States. Thank You.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 26th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

• Check if the Bios version is up to date, here is the latest.
  • Get into the BIOS>Boot tab:

-Boot list option should be UEFI

-Legacy option ROM should be disable

-Secure boot should be disable

• If you are booting from an SSD, open Device Manager and disable the Kionix free fall sensor driver.
  • Also try a clean boot, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to do it.

13 Posts

May 26th, 2016 14:00

Thanks , I will give it a try

314 Posts

uninstall the freefall software. amazing these alienware tech folks recommend nonsense. 

13 Posts

Thanks a lot for your reply. Do I need to delete the driver software as well?

314 Posts

you can either update the kios free fall driver in device manager, under sensor i/o device or uninstall freefall from program and features

48 Posts

May 27th, 2016 04:00

I have a 17 R3 and first few weeks boot time was 10 seconds now it takes a minute with the black screen. What is annoying is I bought an 850 pro for my gf's alienware 15 and her SSD reads with samsung magician but my SSD that came with this 17 R3 says its a Samsung CM871 but doesn't read with the magician

Is the CM871 an 850 pro or something else ?

13 Posts

May 28th, 2016 06:00

I have disable the free fall and uninstalled the software. It was okay at the beginning, but the problem happen again after I shut it down for overnight. (black screen last for minutes when turn on)

I am so frustrated....appreciate for you help. 

13 Posts

May 29th, 2016 10:00

Dear ETERNALKP,

I have uninstalled the free fall driver and even delete the software. It looks okay at the beginning. 

However, the problem occur again when I shut the computer down for overnight.

After turned on, I found out the free fall driver installed automatically under device manager.

Can you please advise? Thanks  

314 Posts

May 29th, 2016 12:00

you need to uninstall the freefall from programs and features.

then update the driver in device manager: 

Screenshot (61).png

314 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 06:00

hey, can you make a youtube video. like reboot, restart and show me your problem.

there is a bug in windows 10, once you sign, it takes upto 30sec to get to windows. there nothing you can do about that until microsoft patch it. 

13 Posts

Dear Eimy,

Do you have better solution for me except send for repairing?

Thanks

13 Posts

Dear Eternalkp,

I have uninstalled free fall from program and features, but it said i have already installed the best software when i tried to update the driver in device manager.

I still cannot solve the program completely, i have tried different approaches , for example: update BIOS , uninstall some softwares, even resetting the windows. At the beginning, these approaches seems useful but problem will come out again after I shut it down for overnight....

13 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 07:00

by the way, is there anyway for me to restore the computer into factory settings?

13 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 07:00

Sure, i will make a video when the i occur the problem again. Because i have just updated the bios again and it will work perfectly for today maybe tomorrow as well. ( I can tell from my experience....)

20 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 09:00

It might be ridiculous but try to turn off Fast Startup option in Windows 10.

Follow this steps HERE

No Events found!