Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 22nd, 2010 16:00

6/21/2010 A01 Dell Alienguise Theme Combo-Windows7 64bit

It's the same file but they linked it distinctly on each download page.

M11x

M11xR2

M15x

M17x

M17xR2

Aurora/Aurora ALX

Aurora R2

Area 51/Area 51 ALX

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

15 Posts

June 25th, 2010 16:00

I am having only one issue with the new CC for m15x.  The logon screen doesn't turn white anymore...is there a setting for that that maybe I can toggle in CC?  Other than that I think everything else in CC is working okay...lol i might just get rid of the alienguise as I would rather have CC work correctly but I'm still trying to hold out as I'm an old stardock customer from back in the day and haven't used the software in a while until I started reading this post and downloaded it off of dell.  Really hope all of the kinks get worked out!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 26th, 2010 14:00

All having issues -

Start fresh, remove both the retail and our version from the PC. Restart the PC. Load only our version and post back your results.

159 Posts

June 27th, 2010 14:00

That's what I had done when I initially installed the AlienGUIse as posted on the Dell site. I had no version of "My Colors" installed. I created a restore point, rebooted, downloaded and installed the Dell site software. Kept asking for Admin provledges but seemed to apply the skin just fine. When I went back to my regular theme I lost Office 2007 (Word) icons. Uninstalled AlienGUIse. Did a Office 07 repair and the Word icons are back. But, I've noticed a few start menu shortcuts that went from the explorer icon to a blank default icon, too....checks my file associations, all is good there.... For me, this software and the AlienFX do not play nice with Office 2007 (32 bit version if that helps with testing) Word icons and Outlook "new mail". AlienFX also does not play nice with HP Toolbox.

15 Posts

June 27th, 2010 15:00

Is it possible that UAC may have something to do with this?  I see that you haven't disabled UAC and you also seem to be one of the few NOT having any issues.  I however, stopped UAC completely (no notifications) as soon as I took the computer out of the box and started it up. 

What about everyone else?  Anyone having problems WITH UAC enabled?

Also, I am an online poker player which is why I purchased the m15x.  There is a program that most online poker professionals use which relies on PostgreSQL, called Holdem Manager.  With the windows skinned, Holdem Manager (HEM), fails to operate and causes the system to freeze until the process is killed.  Upon reverting back to default Aero theme, HEM started operating correctly.  I know this request will probably fall upon deaf ears, but if there is any way to get the two to play nicely in the next release, I would be REALLY thankful. 

But at the very least, lol, if there is ANY way to get CC and Alienguise to play nicely together, I would also be very thankful for that as well.

Not sure if it's because CC is not fully compatible with alienguise or if it's because the screen no longer turns white, but the facial recognition software has yet to make a positive identification of my face since I've installed the windows theme...any help would be appreciated.

20 Posts

June 28th, 2010 10:00

I know this is probably a dumb question and i know this issue has been extensively analysed over and over, but just to make 100% please could you (Chris / Dell) let me know where the working version of the alienguise theme is? and for windows 7 (64 bit).

Would it be on the main dell website under support / drivers and downloads? if not then please provide a link

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 28th, 2010 11:00

Go to the Driver page for your system model, choose your operating system, open Applications, download install Custom Desktop Themes.

406 Posts

June 28th, 2010 14:00

Could someone post pictures of the official theme? I would like to see what it looks like versus the one I currently have.

30 Posts

June 28th, 2010 19:00

The theme Breed has compatability issues with ps cs5 the top of the bar overlaps photoshops menu bar in full screen mode.

11 Posts

June 29th, 2010 22:00

Not sure if it's because CC is not fully compatible with alienguise or if it's because the screen no longer turns white, but the facial recognition software has yet to make a positive identification of my face since I've installed the windows theme...any help would be appreciated.

Actually, for me the facial recognition is working better than before. It might be because I completely uninstalled everything including the previous recognition data, in the AlienSense program. My suggestion would be to delete all of the biometric data in the setting area and re-registering your face in the program.

Also, ENTROPY01, you might as well re-enable UAC since in windows 7 it's no longer that big of a issue.

15 Posts

June 29th, 2010 23:00

UAC gets really annoying for me....but if its working for those of you who have it enabled I'd be willing to try and deal with it...it just....oh gotta come up with a clean adjective so i don't get this deleted 5 times (one of my posts).....it "STINKS" that the alienguise doesn't work with holdem manager as I literally use that program every single day...but i've been switching back and forth between default and the skin and i haven't had too many problems with it not reverting back...however if I do it a couple of times I start losing the tops of some of my windows...they are still there....theyre just invisible because you can still click the buttons on the bar.

I will try and reinstall/delete previous data and see what happens with aliensense.

January 26th, 2012 15:00

Does anyone know if this would work for the M14x?

1 Message

February 15th, 2013 19:00

I download the file and dont change the theme, I have the same windows theme... Dosnt say anithing, just don't work.. I got the setup icon and start the download I had restarted my lap couple of time, and still dont work... 

Alienware M17XR2

No Events found!