Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2012 08:00

680m

Does anyone know the best settings in my control panel for the new GTX 680m

Mine seesm to be working fine but I just want to make sure all the settings are as they should be 

thanks

Russell 

158 Posts

July 27th, 2012 10:00

Hi Russell, changes in the settings of the Video Card depend a lot on the users preferences. If you are really enjoying the settings you currently have, then leave them that way. As a tip, white list your games to make sure they run with your 680m instead of integrated graphics. Learn how this way. I'll also leave this article that has tips from our Gaming department :D

763 Posts

July 31st, 2012 18:00

Hey Russell. Congratulations on owning the new GTX 680M. Awesome video card. What system do you have, bro?

As Brother Juan pointed out, the settings are largely user preference. The default settings work good for most things. If you are wanting to get better benchmark results, you can change the settings to focus on performance, but if smooth gameplay is more important than performance, you can choose settings that focus on performance more than display quality. You can use global profiles based on use preferences, or drill down into the settings for more finite control. Feel free to experiment in the NVIDIA Control Panel. You can easily set everything back to defaults if you end up having settings you don't like. 

8 Posts

August 1st, 2012 02:00

Hey guys thanks,

I have the M17x with 6gb RAM and the 3.5ghz processor.

Its an amazing bit of kit!!

I have been playing with the settings but im pretty new to PC gaming so I have no real idea what they all mean :)

Ill have a play some more

No Events found!