Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 17th, 2009 20:00

A06 Aurora/Area-51 Command Center

* Go here to download it
* Once installed, restart the PC
* Post your testing results in this thread

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

5 Posts

January 10th, 2010 07:00

Strange. While I was writing the posting above, the temperature fpr Sensor 2 returned back to live. It now shows 20° and the fans have gone to a normal rotation. Nevertheless this is not acceptable.

5 Posts

January 10th, 2010 07:00

This thing is really getting in my nervs now. Today I shutdown the computer and turned of the power for more than a minute three times, and still the fans rotate at the maximum. This happens BEFORE windows starts.

Sensor 2 says 0°, the other two show a value.

Another thing which look strange: my temperature always have values around 20°-25°, not more. That doesn't seem to be a realistic value. How is that on your systems?

22 Posts

January 10th, 2010 12:00

I am just wondering but how many fans can you actualy control with you command center? I can only control two fans right now. I can control the pci fan and the harddrive fan. The other fans it does not give me the option to control. Since I was doing the uninstall/reinstall the command center the number of fans I can actualy control changes. Not sure what is up with that. Any ideas anyone?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 11th, 2010 06:00

The   version of Command Center was released. is that what everyone is running?

29 Posts

January 11th, 2010 07:00

I posted about downloading A05 on friday. It didn't do anything for the problem that I can tell.

244 Posts

January 11th, 2010 07:00

Thanks, Chris,  for pointing out the updated Command Center software!  I'll download/install after work this evening and report back any improvements.

3 Posts

January 11th, 2010 14:00

I also downloaded AO5 . Does not fix the problem.

Does anyone know of anybody who purchased a new alienware computer in the last few months that works???

18 Posts

January 11th, 2010 15:00

Hello,

i´ve bought my Alienware on 30.12.2009 in Germany.

System.

Alienware Area 51

Bios A03

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

all Software and Progs up to date

I 7 920

Ati HD 5970

6 GB Ram (1333)

1 TB HDD

DVD Burner

Mouse+Keyboard= Alien TactX. etc.

Same Problems with Shutdown of PC as above described. Must disconnect the Powercord. Then Restart and Lights Fans etc. works. German Support could not help and says a new Bios and a New Command Center is in Progress. Loaded the New Version A05 of CC and .....again nothing works like it should. There is also in all Versions of CC a Failure.You can´t select a .exe File  of a Programm for a selfdefined profile of a AlienFX Theme. The following appears:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Beim Aufruf einer COM-Komponente wurde ein HRESULT E_FAIL-Fehler zurückgegeben.
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ShellLink.IShellLinkW.Resolve(IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 fFlags)
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ShellLink.Open(String linkFile, IntPtr hWnd, EShellLinkResolveFlags resolveFlags, UInt16 timeOut)
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ShellLink..ctor(String linkFile)
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ApplicationTreeNode.PopulateFiles(String initialPath)
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ApplicationTreeNode..ctor(ApplictionTreeNodeType type, String name, String fullPath)
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ApplicationsForest.PopulateFolders(String initialPath)
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ApplicationsWindows.PopulateTree()
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ApplicationsWindows..ctor()
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.VisualizationsController.getApplicationData()
   bei AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.VisualizationsController.AddVisualization(String model)
   bei System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   bei System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   bei System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   bei System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   bei System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   bei System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   bei System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Support says, its also known by Dell and a new Software is in Progress. Sorry but i can´t understood that this Failures are not detected by the QA before selling.

Otherwise , when Alien is starting correct, it runs like a dream :). I hope there is a working Update in short Time.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Germany

HeadsetOne

19 Posts

January 11th, 2010 15:00

Good morning, or for the ones in VIC (AUS) a good hot morning,

Just quickly in relation to temp. I thought the same about the temp gages but guess what. Yesterday I got higher readings including a 29 degree one (others were 28). The house was hotter so temps have gone up like they are now (one 29 and two 28). We have 40+ degrees days and the house is about 30. So due to the cooling it is slightly lower.

Also I never have seen the processor go over 40% utilisation. I also have not yet played any grahpics intensive games so I guess it is quite valid that the case is not too hot

5 Posts

January 11th, 2010 17:00

I just installed the version A05 of the command center and it didn't fix the problem. :(

I have an alienware area 51 received on December 22 2009

2 Posts

January 11th, 2010 18:00

My alienware has this issue as well. i7 975 3.86GHz, Windows 7 Ultimate, ATI 5870 

I originally ordered 2 of these alienware alx arena-51's with my brother back in Novermber 2009 and one of them got delayed so we cancelled that one - i should have cancelled both. The one that shipped has been a nightmare. After hours on the phone with technical support with no success, they sent a technician to replace the ELC board which led to even more issues and eventually they decide to send a replacement system. And now I am waiting on a replacement system and have to send this system back. I think there may be an error on the return waybill but I get no replys to my emails from the representative who sent me this return waybill and whenever I call support I just get the throw it over the wall type of support with everyone claiming they don't handle this.

49 Posts

January 13th, 2010 11:00

Chris,

49 Posts

Chris,

Any ETA on this issue? It seems that many people are experiencing this problem and I remember you mentioning that your waiting for a few systems to arrive that exhibit this problem. Please update us on this situation. Thanks.

kiax

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

They are still testing, now with the updated Command Center.

9 Posts

I'm thinking it might not be the Command Center that is causing the problem but maybe it could be a Bios problem because i unistalled the Alienware Command Centre and then i switched the computer off and started it up again and still had the same problem with the lights and fans and i didn't even have the command centre on my computer at that point.  So it looks like the command centre has no affect on the problem.

No Events found!