Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2013 07:00

A12 BIOS for M18x R2

The A12 BIOS for the M18x R2 is listed for windows 8.1 only, not windows 8.  If I intend to install windows 8.1 do I need to install the A12 BIOS before I install windows 8.1 (when I'm still in windows 8) or after I have completed the installation of windows 8.1?

If I install the A12 BIOS and later decide that I don't like windows 8.1 and I want to go back to windows 8, can I leave the A12 BIOS and will it work fine with windows 8 or do I have to install the latest windows 8 compatible BIOS eg A11

cheers

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 28th, 2013 08:00

Hi heywheelie,

BIOS version is not Operating system specific. Therefore you may update BIOS which is one of the necessary steps before you upgrade to Windows 8.1. Also run complete Windows update before the upgrade.

Note: Once you upgrade the Operating system to Windows 8.1, you will be unable to roll back to Windows 8. The only option will be to either restoring the system to factory installed state or manual installation of the Operating system.

Please create the recovery media before upgrading. Refer to the following link to create a factory image:

http://dell.to/17pbMq4

Revert for further queries.

74 Posts

October 28th, 2013 20:00

Thanks for the information.  I Always create either as ghost or a trueImage backup of my entire drive before doing anything like this.

cheers

No Events found!