Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2015 14:00

AGA Not Using Graphics Card To Nearly Full Potential On Alienware 13

Title above is basically my problem. I have all the proper drivers installed and the AGA software from Dell's website on my Alienware 13, but FPS with the AGA connected is basically the same or worse than the 960m on board the laptop without the AGA connected. Currently in the AGA, I have the GTX 960, but I know it should be capable of much higher performance than it is showing now since I have tested it in my desktop also. I know that the Alienware 13's i7 5500u will probably cause some bottlenecking for very strenuous games, but after using utilities such as GPU-z and such, it doesn't appear to be a CPU bottleneck problem, but judging from how low the GPU utilization is, it appears that it simply isn't being used to its full potential.

Just to give an idea of the huge delta in the results between laptop and desktop, in League of Legends at 1080p highest settings:

Laptop without AGA (960m) - ~50

Desktop- ~300 fps

Laptop + AGA - ~60 fps

I know I'm not going to get the exact same desktop performance, but there shouldn't be this much of a decrease in performance and the $200 AGA isn't worth 10fps. Anyone think they know what might be wrong?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 10th, 2015 09:00

Hello, 

Have you experienced this problem with other games apart from League of Legends? League of Legends may have an FPS limitation cap. This is something you can check in the game settings, click here to view a thread from the League of Legends forum for more information about this. 

66 Posts

August 10th, 2015 11:00

Uncheck vertical sync. Depending on your monitor though, you probably want 60fps locked since league screen tears when you free look.

No Events found!