Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2017 11:00

ALIENWARE 15R3 ALIENFX CONTROLLER PROBLEM

Hello, I got my Alienware 15R3 around the first week December and when I first got it it was great no problems were present and everything was fine. but in 22-29 December my alienfx keyboard lighting was not working. I restarted and it came back. but today I have received the following message 5 times today

There was an error while AlienFX Controller was communicating with the computer. This might have been caused due to a problem with the hardware or the software.Try these solutions to correct the issue, in the following order:

- Try to enable AlienFX Controller again. Right-click on the AlienFX icon in the Windows notification area and select 'Enable Alienware AlienFX'.
 - Shut down your computer and power it back on.

If neither of these solutions works, please contact Alienware technical support.
This error may also be caused if Alienware AlienFX software is installed on a computer without the proper hardware support for Alienware AlienFX.

I need help with this issue

January 19th, 2017 05:00

So I got mine working again. Not sure if by accident or what but I used Methods 2, 4, and 5 in the link below and then Shutdown (don't restart, as it will not remove power from the circuit). When everything was black, I turned it back on and it worked again. Good luck!

www.drivereasy.com/.../

1 Message

January 17th, 2017 12:00

Hi, its exactly the same case with me just the difference that the issue happened with me early on the second day. I have read one person resolved this with restoring it back to earlier checkpoint (@Glanoth88 you can try this!) but I couldn't see any restore points created on the system.

This is my first alienware laptop and its quite frustrating that have to deal with these issues rather than experiencing games on laptop.

Can someone help on this.

3 Posts

January 18th, 2017 11:00

i had downloaded a lot of games on the laptop (around 150Gb) i really dont want to restore or reset the computer. i also have a lot of school work on it. so restoring is not an option for me. isnt there any other option?? Alienware gods i am calling you!!

January 19th, 2017 03:00

Having the same issue on a Alienware 17 R4. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

3 Posts

January 19th, 2017 09:00

seems that method 2 worked. i was able to change the theme. will be posting updates to the thread

No Events found!