Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2011 06:00

Active vents not closing (Area-51 ALX)

Hi all,

since update of  Alienware Command Center Desktop (2.6.1.0 Command Center for Desktops, A01)
the vents not closing after shutdown of the system.
Within command center the vents lets open and close, so it's not a basically problem.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Klaus

176 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 10:00

What has worked for some is to simply power off the system, unplug the power cord from the back of the system, hold down the power button for ten seconds then wait another thirty seconds before plugging the power cord back in and power on the system. If that does not fix it reply back and there are other more involved ways to fix the problem.

11 Posts

February 24th, 2011 01:00

Hello Pat,

I did you suggested but no fix. Some more ideas?

Thanks,
Klaus

176 Posts

February 24th, 2011 11:00

Ok, this time do the same procedure as above only we will add a step. After unplugging the power cord and holding the power button for ten seconds, open the computer and look for the cmos reset jumper, move the jumper from pins 1 & 2 to 2 & 3 for five seconds then move the jumper back to pins 1 & 2. Now close the computer reattach the power cord and power on the system. If this does not fix the problem the next step is to reinstall command center. 

11 Posts

March 15th, 2011 01:00

Good news:

....after installing the new version of Command Center (2.6.11.0 Command Center for Desktops, A03), the vents are working properly!

176 Posts

March 15th, 2011 06:00

Hi KW2202,

Thank for the update to let us know that the problem has been fixed and what fixed it. I'm glad it has been fixed, I guess I need to get the new version of cammand center.

159 Posts

March 15th, 2011 07:00

....after installing the new version of Command Center (2.6.11.0 Command Center for Desktops, A03), the vents are working properly!

that's good news....Has ANYONE been able to get EVENTS working? This reamins my only issue with this computer. Is there any word on if this is being worked on or is it a local conflict....

2.4K Posts

March 16th, 2011 05:00

that's good news....Has ANYONE been able to get EVENTS working? This reamins my only issue with this computer. Is there any word on if this is being worked on or is it a local conflict....

Events have never worked...ever.

11 Posts

March 17th, 2011 06:00

Hi all,

events I did'nt use up today...
I will make a try on it.

Results will be posted soon...

Klaus

November 18th, 2012 12:00

Got my Alienware -Area-51 a year ago last june.They have replaced my vents once it was real neat no trouble at all. But then the main hard drive goes out,90 days out of warranty, Had a lot of trouble get windows 7 back in,no help at from Dell.Now my vents are acting up,I'am not going say any thing to them,just try to fix it myself...Mind is making a clicking sound when you try to open up full.Sometimes when you try one half full range,but not always.I could use some ideas on this.....Thanks for any

No Events found!