Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2014 16:00

Ailen ware aura r4 blank display

After experiencing a problem loading a game, So I decided to restart my PC. When it tried to come back on,the only things that did is the tower lights and fans. I tried a few times powering it down and starting it up but the same thing is happening.

So far I opened the tower cleaned out the unit, re seated the vid board, and tried the monitor with another PC.

The monitor is good and so are all the connections. I'm guessing the vid board is bad...any other possibilities?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 12th, 2014 14:00

Ok I swaped out the video board, and nothing changed... Mother board maybe?

Darn.
Ya, maybe ... but also see this, especially "If above fails" section

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 11th, 2014 18:00

Good work checking monitor.

Try a different PCIe video card (even if low-end) or try existing video card in other machine.

6 Posts

November 12th, 2014 13:00

Ok I swaped out the video board, and nothing changed... Mother board maybe?

6 Posts

November 12th, 2014 16:00

It turned out to be a bad stick of ram... I had 4 sticks I removed them all and put 1 in at a time in the first slot and tried to boot the computer. All worked but 1. everything seems to work good now, and I'm ordering a new new stick now.

Thanks for the help.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 12th, 2014 17:00

It turned out to be a bad stick of ram... I had 4 sticks I removed them all and put 1 in at a time in the first slot and tried to boot the computer. All worked but 1. everything seems to work good now, and I'm ordering a new new stick now.

Thanks for the help.

Good work. I will try to add that to my FAQ.

Sure thing.

No Events found!