Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 7th, 2015 03:00

Alien Fx

The lights no longer show/light up on area 9 in the AlienFx editor for the M18x R1. Everything was working fine until a restart was conducted.

The media panel is working fine with regards to ejecting a cd or turning wireless on/off, just no light.

I have removed Command Centre and re-installed it to no effect. I have shut down the laptop, removed all peripherals, removed the battery and held the power button down for 30 secs to drain all power down then restarted the laptop which made no change.

Anyone else had this issue and manage to resolve it?

• 

2.7K Posts

February 12th, 2015 17:00

Since we are in a Alien fx problem i have a slight question.
I own an mx17 but do a lot of sitting at my desk home, so i bought a riser and now i need a keyboard.
I play league of legends and they have a special alien fx option i was wondering if the Tactx keyboard would work on my computer and if i could have a alienfx that work on a dirfferent  acessories or a multiple device environnement. Or is it really only compatible with the Alienware Aurora and Alienware X51 systems?

RhinoSideShow,

Yes you can connect the tactx keyboard and it will light up with the ALienFX.

• 

2.7K Posts

February 10th, 2015 13:00

And what happen if you use the AlienFX tester? Is that zone lighting up? 

26 Posts

February 11th, 2015 01:00

That zone does not light up when using the AlienFX tester.

1 Message

February 11th, 2015 18:00

Since we are in a Alien fx problem i have a slight question.
I own an mx17 but do a lot of sitting at my desk home, so i bought a riser and now i need a keyboard.
I play league of legends and they have a special alien fx option i was wondering if the Tactx keyboard would work on my computer and if i could have a alienfx that work on a dirfferent  acessories or a multiple device environnement. Or is it really only compatible with the Alienware Aurora and Alienware X51 systems?

• 

2.7K Posts

February 12th, 2015 17:00

That zone does not light up when using the AlienFX tester.

Then the LED of that zone is damage, if you are still under warranty and you live within US or Canada you can send a PM with a brief description of the problem and your service tag so I can help you with the replacement otherwise contact the technical support site in your country. 

No Events found!