Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2011 15:00

Alien respawn question

I want to restore to factory install

I boot off respawn cd - no prob

I select to boot off recovery partition - no prob

I select restore to factory defaults - i get an error "not enought space on device.

82 Posts

January 24th, 2011 18:00

I was able to restore the "c" partition via acronis backup. Not sure why respawn failed.

82 Posts

January 24th, 2011 19:00

I am however able to select restore from factory from within windows - then it boots fine from recovery image.

3 Posts

February 19th, 2011 03:00

Sorry posting here but due to some reason i cant post new question , dell website giving error  Anyway

I have alienware desktop Arorua_ALX and RESPAWN is always loading and messege LOADING , PLEASE WAIT ..... simply i wana stop Respawn service but cant find respawn servise and cant Remove respawn from add/remove as its always Loading ...

Respawn always seems creating IdSTOAST_001 , 002 ,003 and every day its keep creating them but i cant open software so i can set or change or remove etc..

Its still 2 month old machine but when i called to dell ,they said thats coverd only hardware support and they cant help me. Even cant tell me which service spawn is using. For that i need to pay to them?????????????????.. r they really care about customer ,soon hp will take over dell if thats continue,.

Any one can help will be very much appricated

34 Posts

April 21st, 2012 04:00

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question on this topic.

My recovery partition has only 211mb of space occupied? And I think that there is nothing more than the file system.

No cd or dvd of alien respawn or factory image shipped with the computer.

No Events found!