Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2010 12:00

AlienFX error on Win 7 64 bit

I get this message when logging into my system after a restart:

System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.HidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewCommunicationService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled command center.  It only started after I selected enhanced themes.

14 Posts

February 28th, 2012 12:00

I get the exact same error and there is an unknown device in the Device Manager which I also cannot figure out

14 Posts

February 28th, 2012 12:00

^^ What are their email address? maybe if more people email them, they might do something in good will

14 Posts

February 28th, 2012 13:00

Thank you so much. Please do let us know if it works.

27 Posts

February 28th, 2012 14:00

The email to the CEO worked.  I got a call from Dell Corporate and they are sending a tech to put a new mother board in my laptop.  I think I'm in shock.  But at least Dell came through for me.  I just hope they do the same for the rest of the people that this has happened to.  In the mean time I will still try and fix the current mother board and post the results.

14 Posts

Thats good news, how long did it take for them to call you and how long has it been without warranty?

27 Posts

They called me the same day.  A matter of 3 to 4 hours.  My warranty exp. last September.  After this pain I may get an extended one.  Not sure yet.

9 Posts

February 28th, 2012 16:00

Just sent my own email, we'll see.

1 Message

August 10th, 2013 12:00

Sorry to be such a pleb BUT....

Have driven myself NEARLY mad researching SIMILAR problem.

MY LIGHTS WORK BUT..... I get this error:
System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewCommunicationService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

at bootup....have Dell STITCHED ME UP TOO?!

Sorry to be so blunt.

Other info, M17x approx. 3+yrs old, Win7 64, uninstalled Norton, rebooted...lights on, FXController BROKEN.

Numerous attempts at restoring .net etc. (but don't ACTUALLY understand WHY....apologies)

USED to build systems in excess of ten yrs back, before PCI-E, so VERY SLIGHTLY out of my depth (ok, DROWNING! HELP! PRETTY PLEASE!!)

Many thanks. WILL REPLY TO ANY ADVICE GIVEN (except very rude advice..... :P !!!  )

THANK YOU......

Falls to floor, exhausted and at end of TETHER!!

Angel

No Events found!