Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2012 00:00

AlienFX lights actually fixed for a reasonable price!

Huge props to LDSisHere!!! I understand the frustrations all of you have had with Dell and attempting to get your AlienFX lights to work.  I finally got them fix by sending them to someone who is a gentlemen and a scholar.  LDSisHere can fix your AlienFX lights.  You will have to ship him your motherboard or if you are not willing or able to take apart your laptop he has informed me he would do so.  Shipping cost would go up but well worth it.  I sent my motherboard to him for a total of $10 shipping both ways from GA to TN.  Obviously prices for this will very.  I sent it with the understanding that it was a guinea pig type of transaction.  I didn't know him from Adam, and sent him one the most important parts of a very expensive laptop.... Plus he had only shown me evidence that he had done this just one other time.  However I did take a chance and through emails, I was able to determine that LDSisHere is a very smart, knowledgeable and distinguished man with the utmost amount of character.  The fixed motherboard was the proof of all of it.

He charged me a very reasonable amount, $25 to be exact, because he is not trying to make a living doing this he is actually trying to help people.  Dell has dropped the ball big time on this issue and will no longer get any amount of my money.  I am very saddened that Alienware is now under their control and we have to fight with some IT guy on the phone for hours to end up with zero result.  Dell should be ashamed of themselves for have such a horrible attitude about this. 

More specifically on what LDSisHere does to the mobo.  There is a microchip on the motherboard that becomes obsolete when an older version of Command Center is loaded onto it.  Upgrading Windows seems to be the biggest culprit out there.  There is essentially a dual programming of this particular chip and is therefore not recognized by the computer.  LDSisHere reprograms this chip and puts the proper most updated program on there.

Good news for those of you who are willing to ship off your laptop/ mobo.  DO NOT take apart your laptop if you are not familiar with this type of project.  I have take apart five or six before this and it still took me an hour, while watching a very detailed instructional video on youtube.  If you have to take it apart and just send the mobo, do so with extreme caution.  Go to youtube and find the 3 part video here http://youtu.be/K7KUTPbDX1Q it is specifically for the m15x.

Below is a picture of the laptop after reassembly. 

My touchpad doesn't light up because my daughter pulled the cover of that area off the second day I had the laptop.  The clip to the ribbon cable broke. Touchpad hasn't worked since.

6136.2012-09-13_21-09-57_518.jpg:

No Responses!
No Events found!