Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2012 16:00

AlienFX not being enabled in Heroes of Newerth.

Hello, the latest patch of heroes of newerth had a plugin for alienware which is the alienFX.

for some reason i cant enable it and it tells me (requires restart) and i have restarted everything several times and still nothing.

please help me with this, im dying to have this feature.

thanks in advance.

chris

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 14:00

Hello, the latest patch of heroes of newerth had a plugin for alienware which is the alienFX.

for some reason i cant enable it and it tells me (requires restart) and i have restarted everything several times and still nothing.

I assume your AlienFX system is working properly on it own (can change lights, setup new Themes, etc)?

Is the option to allow 3rd Party AlienFX Access Enabled?

835 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Start by reinstalling the Command Center, follow the steps in the following article:

How to Uninstall and Reinstall Alien Command Center

October 23rd, 2012 15:00

i haven't to be honest because i have an old version and the newer one has a lot of updates. but some of the steps you gave me can't be even found on my laptop like i can't see something called only command center if that's what u meant.

are there any other steps for specifically m14x?

thakns

@ tesla, both the game and alien command center are up to date

yea yea everything working fine and 3rd party IS enabled and still nothing :(

835 Posts

Have you tried reinstalling the game, from scratch?

What step exactly are you having issues with? step 6 on the uninstall or reinstall process?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

there is a button called alienfx but i cant enable it because it says "requires restart"

Ya, sounds like the game thinks something is still missing, not installed, or "un-registered" in the system.

When that option becomes able to be Enabled ... well, I doubt it will even begin to work until that happens.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Is there an option in the game itself that needs to be turned on?

If you haven't already, now would be a good time to file a trouble-ticket with the game developer.

Include:
- Your problem
- Machine make, model, OS versions, Game version, all of that
- Version of Alienware Command Center and you are running.
- Versions of DotNet Framework that you have installed.

there is a button called alienfx but i cant enable it because it says "requires restart"

and i have already contacted S2games and they can't figure out my problem yet :S

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

i haven't to be honest because i have an old version and the newer one has a lot of updates.

I would recommend that you run both the latest version of the game (including all patches) as well as the latest version of Command Center for Laptops.

hi natalia, thanks for the reply. i did what you told me to do and still the same :(

though the steps u gave me weren't for m14x so there were some steps that i couldn't do like in the uninstall programs there is only alienware command center not just command center and i didn;t understand the 6th step.

hope you will help me more and thank me in advance

October 23rd, 2012 17:00

That's my point, the game thinks there's something missing or wrong and I can't find the solution :(

207 Posts

May 30th, 2013 10:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                    

No Events found!