Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 2nd, 2014 12:00

Alienware 14 Problems

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out. I currently just bought an Alienware 14 for gaming and school and everything with it is great but the wireless. When I play games it lags terribly bad and I don't know why. I think the wireless card may of been bad when they sent me my product. I noticed this when I received it but it only does it on games and that's why i never called support because I only needed it for school at that moment and didn't have time to play games. What I possibly think is that the wireless card may be bad. I have 3 years support for dell and Alienware so someone please help!

1.8K Posts

May 5th, 2014 10:00

Hi!

Is the problem only on Wireless or does it also happen while using Ethernet?

Check the troubleshooting steps on Solution#6 of this article. Make sure to re-install the wireless driver and update BIOS to the latest version A09

Let me know how it goes!

3 Posts

May 14th, 2014 20:00

I tried solution 6 and it still fails to comply. I updated my BIOS, drivers, windows updates, reinstalled the drivers for wifi and there is no results. Should I contact Alienware about this issue? I am thinking it's a bad wireless card. It just kind of sucks paying 3 grand for a product that doesn't work fresh out of the box.

3 Posts

May 14th, 2014 21:00

The problem is only on wireless too and I know it's not the game because I can play it on my Mac with no problem wireless.

1.8K Posts

May 15th, 2014 10:00

Are there any connection problems outside the online games; for example, watching movies or videos online or browsing? 

No Events found!