Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 15th, 2015 22:00

Alienware 15 - Chassis Vibrations

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased an Alienware 15. Everything works great, but I have one concern ...

Whenever the GPU fan starts (I think), the chassis starts vibrating. The vibration is very minimal and cannot be seen or heard. However, if you place your hand over the chassis (e.g. to the left and right of the trackpad), you can feel the vibration slightly. It's like a buzzing feeling.

Although the issue seems small, it does get kind of annoying when I'm using the keyboard (my wrists rest on the chassis). The keyboard also (to a lesser extent) has that buzzing feeling, but you have to concentrate to notice it. 

I'm wondering if this is a common issue to the new Alienware 15 (or Alienware 13/17 for that matter)...

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just designed this way?

Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2015 13:00

Hi, 

We have not gotten any reports about that type of issue, I cannot confirm if its normal but I will consult this with our LV3 tech support department.

October 16th, 2015 21:00

Hi, 

Thanks for letting me know. Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

202 Posts

October 17th, 2015 12:00

It's because the fans weren't balanced.  If there is more weight on one side it won't spin smoothly.

It's like this with all fans.  It takes more time to balance it after it's made.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unbalanced+fan

No Events found!