Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2016 14:00

Alienware 15 r2 + Graphics Amplifier Questions

Hey all,

Hoping someone might be able to answer a couple of questions for me.  Recently purchased an Alienware 15 R2 with a graphics amplifier.  Everything works great.

1) Is there a way to turn everything on outside of pressing the power button on the laptop?

2)  I connect all the cables and press the power button on the laptop.  I hear the fans for the graphics amplifier kick on and then off and nothing happens.  I then have to press the power button again to make it power up.  Is this working as intended?

Thanks in advance for the help!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 3rd, 2016 08:00

Hi, 

1. Unfortunately no, only with the power button. 

2. This does not sound normal. You should only have to press the power button once after you have everything connected. Which Bios version are you running with your Alienware?

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 14:00

Updated to the latest version of the BIOS after your post and still having to press the power button twice.  Appreciate the suggestion.  If you have any others, I'm all ears.

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 17:00

Upgrade your BIOS to the latest version.

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 23:00

Yup, did that.  No change.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 4th, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

We are not sure what could be causing this. I will be checking this case with our LV3 Technical Support department to see if they can provide some insight. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 9th, 2016 10:00

Hi, 

Can you send us your Service Tag in a PM? This could be a hardware issue. 

No Events found!