Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2016 08:00

Alienware 17 (2015) shuts down and wont turn on.

Hi,

I was using my laptop as usual(browsing using chrome) , then started far cry 4, and while loading the game my alienware shutsdown and does not want to turn on. Tried turning it on with and without the ac adapter and still nothing, I just doesn't respond. And cant call tech support since its late, ill call them the first thing tomorrow.

Any tips and suggestions? Please help!! Its a new system btw, about 3weeks old.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 17th, 2016 09:00

Watch this before contacting support.

10 Posts

February 18th, 2016 07:00

Chris M , thanks but the video didnt help, when my laptop died the light from ac adapter went off as well, and when I disconnect my ac adapter from my computer and swich it back on after switching off the light is lit, and goes off again as soon as I connect it the laptop and I get like a burning smell.

Sorry for the loong explanation.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 18th, 2016 07:00

Disconnect the AC adapter and power cord from the computer. Move the AC adapter and power cord to another room. Plug them into a wall outlet.
(1) Does the end light up?
(2) Does the burn smell originate from them?

10 Posts

February 18th, 2016 08:00

i tried it on all outlet the outcome is the same, and the smell comes from both my laptop and ac adapter, but it the smell is stronger on my laptop charging port.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 18th, 2016 10:00

Contact Alienware Support 1-800-254-3692. Based on the purchased warranty and troubleshooting they and you do, they will need to decide on how to proceed.

No Events found!