Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2013 12:00

Alienware 17 Display driver 320.49

So, I was trying to update the display driver for the GTX780M inside the computer to Driver 320.49 and every time it says it cannot find Compatable hardware. But, I download Nvidia Driver 311.48 it Installs with out incident. Can this computer not be updated through Nvidia? If I try to update through the driver its self it says that the newest version is already installed.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

July 12th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

When you update the drivers, it's better to download and install the update and not run the update from the Nvidia control panel, or even a clean driver installation as explained in this article:

Alienware: Video Driver Clean Installation

2 Posts

July 12th, 2013 19:00

If I try to update via the Nvidia Drivers built-in updater it does not find a new version. It is currently on 311.48 yet it refuses to find a new version. If i download Version 320.49 from the Nvidia website it Says I do not have Compatable hardware 

1.2K Posts

July 13th, 2013 06:00

my guess the reason it fails to update from NVidia panel is because its possibly  due to being a BETA release and not a full release.... so it might not  fully support dell's OEM cards yet....

7 Posts

August 20th, 2013 05:00

Your machine will try to block any drivers that are not signed by dell/alienware.

I have the exact same system and have been struggling to make updated drivers work. Essentially we will have to wait till dell/alienware sign some new drivers. there are ways around this but its a huge pain in the but..the best solution is to put pressure on dell/alienware to test and sign some new drivers fro these machines, let me know if you find a solution that works after a reboot.

August 20th, 2013 11:00

Hi everyone,

Checkout my reply on this thread.

No Events found!