Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

September 14th, 2014 06:00

Alienware 17 Laptop Screen Issues after using hdmi-in port

I started using my hdmi in port a couple of days ago, for the first two days it's been fine, i have been using my laptop to play xbox cause my tv is too large and it's hard to be good at anything when you have to turn your head to see the side of the tv. anyways, it's not the screen itself cause i can still play xbox efficiently.. without the flickering.. and the lines.. so on. when i try to play on a pc game the lines become larger and larger every second.. more distorted.. it effects whether i can do anything on my pc.. i have seen a few similar issues and they've all concluded it was the connection to the monitor. I am not comfortable doing myself nor do i know anyone who does.. one of the screws on the back of my alienware is striped on the head.. and i have 2 sticks of separately bought Ram...

• 

2.7K Posts

September 16th, 2014 11:00

Hello CaligoNight!

In that case I will recommend you to uninstall the video card driver, download the latest one you find in the Dell support website and install it again.

Let us know if that helps you.

September 16th, 2014 14:00

I upinstalled and reinstalled the driver and this did NOT fix the problem.. it neither helped nor hindered the experience, the picture itself isnt distorted it's more like there are lines that are a shade or two darker than the normal color.. kinda like it would look if you took out your phone and tried taking a picture of the screen.

• 

2.7K Posts

September 17th, 2014 07:00

And the image looks fine in the TV? Are able to connect the TV through a different port like the display port?  

September 19th, 2014 07:00

It does work fine on the tv yes, and i do not have the other display port cable to test that..it seems to be the connection to the built in display inside the laptop, but i dont feel comfortable enough trying to solve the problem myself

• 

2.7K Posts

September 19th, 2014 14:00

Don't worry if you are still under warranty and you live within US or Canada you can send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem otherwise you  can contact the technical support site in your country so they can help you. 

No Events found!