Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2015 13:00

Alienware 17 R2: Audio/sound problems

Upon receiving my new Alienware 17 R2, I discovered that no sound whatsoever would play, whether it be through the speakers or any headphones I plugged in. I simply uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative SoundBlaster audio drivers with a proper reboot here and there, and all seemed well...until a while later.

Sometimes it happens when I'm simply watching a youtube video, other times it's when I'm in a skype call, or some other menial task that is not taxing to the system whatsoever, but whatever audio is playing starts to fizzle and cut out, and then there's nothing altogether.

Audio is working fine one moment, then the next it's gone. After a reboot, suddenly it says "no audio output device is installed." Another reboot and it's back again, only to fizzle out and disappear within the hour.

I've done a complete restore, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and/or updated numerous drivers, I've updated BIOS, yet nothing seems to have worked as a permanent solution. When I ran the ePSA and checked the box to test audio, nothing was detected as faulty. I'm at my wit's end trying to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• 

2.7K Posts

July 16th, 2015 11:00

I will recommend you to perform an Alienrespawn just to make sure is not a software problem if after that the issue persists there could be a hardware problem.

2 Posts

July 21st, 2015 21:00

Well, I ran an Alienrespawn and it seemed to be working, but then, the problem returned as usual. I guess it is indeed a hardware issue. Thanks for the reply!

No Events found!