Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2016 02:00

Alienware 17 R3 Windows 10 Factory Recovery USB - How?

So I have a new Alienware 17 R3 with Windows 10, no optical drive, no AlienRespawn, no Dell Backup & Recovery (DB&R), but what looks like a recovery partition on the SSD.

On the off chance that my system burns in *** and needs that old refreshing Alienware factory reset ... How does one do such a thingy on these new systems?

Alienware says there is no AlienRespawn for Windows 10, and the AW forums say that the Windows Recovery Image (on the driver support page) doesn't work. It does note that if you manage to get in contact with Tech Support they send out a USB which only has Windows 10 recovery and no other drivers/settings). Dell says there is no DB&R for native Windows 10 systems. Also my system, rightly so as there is no optical drive, didn't come with any CDs of the OS or factory drivers.

Any suggestions?

1 Message

July 27th, 2016 13:00

If you look at Sources folder on USB, there are actually drivers and other software on the USB. Also, look at the size of USB. It's 6.7 GB while stock Windows 10 is about 3.1 GB. So, everything is there, but installer is failing to install additional software.

63 Posts

August 19th, 2016 00:00

I have an Alienware 17 R3 with Windows 10 that I just got, did not turn it on yet it was made Aug 2nd.

I have SanDisk Ultra 32 Gig USB Flash Drive that I formatted as NTFS and shows 28.9 Gig free.

I just want to turn on the unit for the first time without being connected to my modem and have a

Factory Fresh Backup.

Will that work?

Thanks in advance.

14 Posts

August 19th, 2016 12:00

Yes, this will work. You can create an system image via Control Panel in Win10. You may also create a system image before the first start of your machine using a bootable USB key. Have a look at http://clonezilla.org/.

63 Posts

August 31st, 2016 14:00

Well finally got time to actually turn on my new Alienware R3 With Windows 10 factory fresh and when I

turned it on I get 3 beeps, a short pause, and 3 beeps over and over, plus the screen is blank.

I read that means a memory problem?

1 Message

December 31st, 2016 14:00

ok good high quatly

No Events found!