Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2016 12:00

Alienware 17-R3, buzzing noise

Hello, since month I had a buzzing noise problem when something was going on on the screen. It starts only with the adapter and when I move around icons for example. Then no matter what happens on the screen the noise is there, then even without adapter, the buzzing and other clicking noises are there... Finally I was getting fps drops during watching movies.. playing games... so I contacted dell support and they changed my motherboard, graphics and processor obviously. The noise was still there, altough only with adapter. I called DELL again and requested a new A/C adapter, because I had 190W and thought maybe it was the problem, they gave me the 240W adapter and THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE, what the is going on with this..... what u people think.. Obciously I tried things like unpluging everything,, reinstalling windows over and over, all drivers, newest, older versions, I checked this in the other room if the noise will be there, and it is.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 23rd, 2016 13:00

Hi,

Try updating the BIOS to the latest here.

Also try connecting the system to an external monitor to see if the same happens, this could be related to the LCD or the LCD cable. 

Let me know how it goes!

No Events found!