Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2017 14:00

Alienware 17 R4 Audio Crackling Issue

It appears i'm not the only one affected by this issue. I'm also experiencing audio crackling issues.

The audio is crackling when playing music through the laptop speakers, as well as when the music is streamed to my amp.

The Realtek drivers have been updated, which has not helped. Any Ideas ?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 10:00

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that. Is it only when using the speakers or does it also happen with headphones? Are you running the latest Bios version?

January 3rd, 2017 12:00

The crackling occurs when using the headphone output, laptop speakers and whilst streaming over I.P. to my network amp.

Bios version 1.0.8

January 3rd, 2017 16:00

Fixed - The drivers were updated from the manufacturer and NOT Dell's own utility.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2017 14:00

Great! Thank you for confirming this.

8 Posts

January 20th, 2017 12:00

Can you tell us where you found the drivers, and whether they reduce functionality? I have read that while the manufacturer's drivers ameliorate the issue, the AW sound software no longer works.

1 Message

January 28th, 2017 09:00

Please, for your help

January 29th, 2017 03:00

The drivers were the most recent Nvidia display drivers (I was intending to update the graphics drivers at the time, not the sound drivers). But I believe there is a sound driver in the graphics driver package that may have resolved my issue.

2 Posts

March 18th, 2017 08:00

How would i go about updating these drivers? From nvidia or realtec?

thanks

2 Posts

March 18th, 2017 14:00

I have the same issue. Did you go to Realtek to get the drivers?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 20th, 2017 10:00

Hi, 

If you are still experiencing this issue, please send me a private message so we can look into it. You should have a "Send Message" option in your inbox, just look for my username there. 

May 11th, 2017 15:00

im having the same problem .

crackling sound from left internal speaker

can someone help me with a fix 

July 9th, 2017 15:00

I had crackling sound issue with both internal speakers and head phones on my Alienware 18 (mid 2013 model). It was really annoying and was driving me crazy. Strange but sure enough updating the Nvidia Display Drivers fixed the issue, the sound is clean now. Following is the link to the driver I installed, see if it is compatible with your machine before installing:

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers 

Hope that will fix your issue.

Good luck!

I had crackling sound issue with both internal speakers and head phones on my Alienware 18 (mid 2013 model). It was really annoying and was driving me crazy. Strange but sure enough updating the Nvidia Display Drivers fixed the issue, the sound is clean now. Following is the link to the driver I installed, see if it is compatible with your machine before installing:

Hope that will fix your issue.

Good luck!

I had crackling sound issue with both internal speakers and head phone on my Alienware 18 (mid 2013 model). It was really annoying and was driving me crazy. Strange but sure enough updating the Nvidia Display Drivers fixed the issue, the sound is clean now. Following is the link to the driver I installed, see if it is compatible with your machine before installing:

Good luck!

No Events found!