Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 5th, 2017 11:00

Alienware 17 R4 Dell Stock Image Recovery Restore

Hi, I got my 17 R4 two days ago and ran Windows updates, Dell Driver Updates and all that. I think somewhere along the process, I got upgraded to the Creator's Edition and I'm not sure problems existed before the updates but they certainly existed afterwards. My Default Username in the C:\Users section and elsewhere was being defaulted to first 5 letters of my name, I was seeing graphic bugs in games like Dota 2 with all the drivers updated etc.

So I decided to wipe and do a fully clean install using the stock image provided on Dell.com for my system and a flash drive. Little did I know this was a fully Windows 10 Home Stock image and I lost all my Alienware software swag. I managed to restore most of the software components through the Dell website (Command Center, OSD etc) and ran the Digital Delivery as well (which I felt didn't really install anything), the clean system reinstall fixed my issues, but I'm now seeing some missing swag like No Alienware logo in the System properties, No Alienware Theme and maybe more. 

How do I take this Stock image from Dell to go back to exactly how it was with all the Alienware stuff when I received the system? Thanks

21 Posts

July 18th, 2017 15:00

Most of the essential Alienware software is found in on the Dell Support website using your Service Tag. You can find wallpapers and Themes on the Internet. You can make your "This PC" or System Properties logo as Alienware using custom 3rd party softwares and uploading the Alienhead image, and also edit other system info using it. That should bring it as close to factory OS as possible.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 18th, 2017 20:00

What exact model do you have?

Go to support.dell.com. For your model, get and install (sounds like you are missing):

- OSD

- Command Center

Intel Chipset should have been first driver manually installed.

1 Message

July 31st, 2017 13:00

This same thing happened to me a few days ago and after talking to several Dell and Alienware representatives I still can't get my brand new Alienware 17 R4 back to its stock configuration. How is it possible for Dell to sell such an expensive system and not make a stock configuration restore possible? Can someone help me with this please?

No Events found!