Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2016 00:00

Alienware 17, Windows 7, Razer Deathadder 2013 not working

Title basically says it all. I was on windows 10, didn't like it. Did clean install of 7 via the recovery disk that came with the computer. No internet or anything was working; I didn't have any drivers. I've since installed every driver that the dell support website recommended for me.

The only thing that I need to work now is my Razer Deathadder 2013 mouse. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've downloaded Razer's Synapse app, but it refuses to acknowledge that the mouse is plugged in, and even the lights on the mouse do not light up while i'm in windows 7. The mouse originally flashed as I boot, and as I enter the Windows 7 loading screen, the mouse goes dark and never wakes up. 

If anyone knows what I'm missing, the help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Edit: I should add, I'm dual booting windows 7 and 10 for the time being until i get windows 7 at 100% functionality. The mouse works fine on 10, so it isn't a hardware issue. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 26th, 2016 07:00

Do other USB mice work on the laptop under Windows 7? Did you test the Razer on all USB ports? Did you check for any bangs in the device manager?

No Events found!