Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2015 04:00

Alienware 17" R2 GTX970M Shadow Play

Does anyone know how to get shadow play working on the new Alienware laptops. I know the new Asus laptops G751 have a dedicated button for shadow play and the software works on those laptops withe same specs. Why doesn't it work on the Alienware?

22 Posts

March 5th, 2015 06:00

i think u can assign a key to it..

• 

2.7K Posts

March 5th, 2015 09:00

You need to install GeForce Experience then move to the Shadow Play tab and enable it.

18 Posts

March 5th, 2015 09:00

Assigning a key isn't the issue.  The recording doesn't work and it has a red line through it. I've tried various drivers and nothing works.

18 Posts

March 5th, 2015 12:00

Milena I've tried that and shadow play will turn on but the problem is it doesn't record and has a red slash over the icon in game.

• 

2.7K Posts

March 5th, 2015 13:00

That has to be some sort of configuration option, as shadow play seems to be working fine, I would recommend you to contact the Dell gaming department or maybe ask in Alienware Arena.

18 Posts

March 5th, 2015 15:00

From what I've been told Optimus doesn't work with Shadow Play which is a real bummer. There has to be a way to make this work on Alienware laptops.. If ASUS can make it work surely Dell can to. Besides who bright idea was it to have this *** Optimus in gaming laptops anyways? At Least give us the option to disable it completely in the bios.

March 6th, 2015 18:00

Hi, I have a one week old 17 R2 2015 with the 970m and shadow play is working fine with Team Fortress 2, Neverwinter and Diablo 3. I had to optimize the games settings in Gefore Experience and have High-performance NVIDIA processor selected in the Nvidia control panel. Its under the manage 3D settings, preferred graphics processor in global settings. I hope this helps.

18 Posts

March 6th, 2015 18:00

@DARKARELIUS What driver and shadow play version are you running? Also can you take a screenshot of it working along with your config please. I don't see how you got this working without using a modded driver.

18 Posts

March 6th, 2015 20:00

Well I was able to get it working with some modded drivers I found on the notebook review forum. Thanks for the help tho.

March 6th, 2015 20:00

Hi, Nvidia driver details in attached screen capture. Can't workout how to screen capture while shadowplay is running with the green dot visible in the capture.  I don't have a modified driver just the drivers that are available via Gefore experience. The tricky issue I came across was that shadowplay would only work in full screen.Nvidia control panel.PNGControl panel 2.png

No Events found!