Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 18th, 2015 02:00

Alienware 17r3 Graphics Card 4gb not 8gb - UK

Hi,

Like some people I have received the 4gb version of the graphics card not the 8gb.

Spoke to customer care, there is an issue with the factory and have told me that this has not been resolved yet and to wait a week before exchanging the machine.

Has anyone else been  told the same information?  They offered to refund the machine

Thanks

3 Posts

December 29th, 2015 10:00

Another thing was that my Alienware 17 did not seem to be configured correctly! There was a single icon on the desktop and none of the Dell auto update / support software was installed. Whats the norm for an Alienware?

1 Message

January 8th, 2016 13:00

Who was it you spoke to. I have been dealing with this issue since 11/16 and have gotten 3 systems. I'm working on the 4th now and since I use it for work as a tester I haven't been able to do my job. I should have went with MSI but Alienware used to have awesome service. Now it's and I lost my job due to this issue they knew about. For about 3 weeks I have been asking for a graphics amplifier and they refused over and over. I even escalated to Luis, a tech support manager. This is the worst service I've ever gotten and even corporate will not acknowledge this.

No Events found!