Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

July 23rd, 2017 02:00

Alienware 18 14 cannot turn off airplane mode. all drivers are installed correctly.

My cat step on my keyboard and somehow I lost the internet all in a sudden, then I just never get it back. Had tried all ways, pressing F2+FN, and else. I used to get Win10 installed, but I lost the code and darn Microsoft refused to offer other solution unless paying incredibly expensive online assistance plan. So I re-installed Win8.1, as well as all drivers updated from dell website. The problem is that I still cannot turn the airplane mode off. But I could get the ethernet cable work. I wonder if the intell adapter goes wrong or if there's still any solutions. Please help! thanks very much

July 23rd, 2017 03:00

Hallo irawwww.

maybe ask your Cat what to do next.

as soon as you have a Cat at Home you are not the Boss anymore.

but seriously, i doubt it was your Cats Fault. it was just a Coincidence. you might be right and your WLAN Modul is Dead. since you re-installed Windows i don't think it's a Driver Problem. open Device Manager and Double Click on your WLAN Card. can you see an Error Code?

try following:

a) disable the WLAN Modul in Device Manager, reboot and enable it again.

b) try the same in your BIOS Settings

c) Power Drain. remove the Battery and disconnect all Cables, then hold Power On Button for a Minute.

d) if nothing helps, disconnect all Cables, remove the Battery, open your Laptop, disconnect the Coin Cell Battery and remove the WLAN Modul, hold Power On Button for a Minute, install the Modul again and then put everything back together.

e) if still nothing, then buy a new Modul or call Dell Support.

oh and BTW, you don't need a Key to be able to install Windows 10. after installing Win 10 it should activate itself as soon as you have Internet Connection. Microsoft Support should have told you that but they went after your Money instead.

if you have more Questions, go ahead.

No Events found!