Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 5th, 2013 15:00

Alienware 18 - What's happening to the orders?

Dear All,

Really annoyed at the moment!

After a busy day in the office, I get home and check my order status for the new Alienware 18 (it had gone from Order Processing to Pre-Production previously), only to find it's been cancelled!

(1) Why?

(2) By whom?

What a joke Dell are becoming!

My history to date.

Order 1

Alienware m18xR2, that I ended up cancelling due to the fact Dell wouldn't help me on adding extra warranty.

Order 2

Alienware m18x - with extra warranty and cheaper than Order 1 - cancelled by Dell (product withdrawn)

Order 3

Alienware 18 - I thought great 3rd time lucky, and it was going great until today. I've had no feedback on the reason why it's been cancelled. As I said the order had gone from Order Processing to Pre-Production so it had passed the credit card authorisation. 

What's happening?

My fear now is that even if Dell re-instate the order they will push back the EDD to later than the 29th July I was given (which in turn was way longer then the Sales dates when you order ... that's saying 15th July currently).

This is supposed to be a premium product, with premium service and as a customer we are supposed to get a buzz from purchasing such a product, not left really disappointed!

I await the normal reply from Dell Customer Care that really doesn't mean much other than we don't really care.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

July 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi Richard,

I apologize for the cancellations and the bad experience that you've had trying to get this order in. I'll be happy to help you with updates or anything I can, please send me a private message with your order number and the link to this thread.

July 6th, 2013 00:00

it happend same to me , customer service told me that  "Our Suppliers no longer manufactured the parts that you have selected for your order." i was very dissapointed too :( , but when i check my mail later on , i saw a new order confirmation from dell with a EDD on 26/07 ( the old one was 29/07 ). the thing what they changed on specifications was the colour choice . the new one is anodized aluminium . i dont mind the colour so i let the order to continue :)

July 28th, 2013 09:00

I order an alienware 18 on 24/06/2013 .... was in pre production for 21 days, a dell rep told me to cancel and reorder... I did ... waited 7 days and had the same problem, then they figured it out and said I had to cancel for some issue on their website which caused "Thank you for choosing Dell" item to appear twice in my order .... I then reordered AGAIN, which dragged on too long cause they forgot to switch the authorization on my credit card to the new order ...

Now Dell are telling me that they're out of stock on: 768GB RAID 0 (3x256GB SSD) + 256GB mSATA SSD Storage Drive

Imagine ! ... after waiting from the 24th of June ... they tell me they cant build my laptop! I can't believe all the trouble I've been through ... now they said please cancel and reorder with the available stock, which the best among is 1.5 TB HDD with mSATA Caching, but I wanted all SSD ...  they said, you could do that or you could wait but we don't know when we're going to have the stock of the 768GB Raid config .... Now I'm totally lost because I don't know if they're truly out of stock or they're having some technical problems with that specific configuration of 768GB RAID 0 (3x256GB SSD) + 256GB mSATA SSD Storage Drive

Someone please help!!!

July 29th, 2013 01:00

As i stated before i was have a new order , so after long time they shipped , after 1 week when they shipped they call me and told me that the package have been lost ,i thought that i gonne have a heart attack, so i am now for the 3st time on  preproduction and my first order was on 21 june and they charge me for the laptop long time ago and still no laptop yet . Just dont want to gave up and really want to see the performance off this laptop. I saw that you ask for help, i have doubts that you gone find it here , you can speak with customer service and on every conversation they gone tell you that they understand your frustration and in the end they will ask you that you want a replacement or a return. I choose replacement every time,just for the love of Allienware. I hope i' ll get my laptop untill Cristmas

1 Message

July 29th, 2013 09:00

I ordered a top of the line Alienware 18 (over $5,500 system) which was supposed to be delivered on 7/31/13.  I was notified today it would take three more weeks.  I cancelled my order.  I think there is something seriously wrong with Dell.  They have some managers that need firing in my humble opinion.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 22:00

Add me to this disappointed list. I ordered the alien X18 on July 10, 2013. First on July 30 I get an email that my order was delayed.  Then I get that there was an internal processing error and I would have to reorder on July 31. I reply that I can be reached afternoon or eveniings.  Then on 8-3-13 I get an email... We are sorry to inform you that we had to cancel your order . ALIENWARE 18 is no longer available and we don’t know when it will be available again. Our sales team would like to help you place a new order.

Obviously they have a problem. Why would I want to order a different computer?

2 Posts

August 19th, 2013 23:00

After trying to reorder I find that the SSD drives are no longer listed as available so that seems to be the reason for the cancellation.  I don't see why they cant seem to offer them as other computers are sold with them and not the hybrid now offered.

No Events found!