Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2015 00:00

Alienware 3 beep problem

About a two days ago, i tried updating my bios to the current version for my alienware x51. Upon updating the bios, it said that it failed and a system restart was needed. However, when this happened my computer froze making me force shutdown the computer. When I tried turning it on, the display would not show up and I hear the beeping sound of death. I counted 3 beeps. I tried reseating the ram modules and tried to CMOS restart but it didn't fix the problem. I don't know what to do at this point...

• 

2.7K Posts

March 12th, 2015 14:00

Because of the symptoms and the results of the troubleshooting you have done I would say that there is a motherboard failure and it might need to be replaced. You can contact the Dell sales department to see if they still have parts available.

2 Posts

March 12th, 2015 19:00

so replacing the motherboard is the only thing that I can do to fix this? Are there any other way to troubleshoot this problem by sides buying a new motherboard...

• 

2.7K Posts

March 13th, 2015 13:00

Yes that might be the only way to fix the problem.

1 Message

August 16th, 2015 13:00

I got this 3 beep code with upgrading the bios as well.. I replaced the motherboard and I still have the issue. Is there anything i can do ?

Thanks

No Events found!