Spamfighter
3 Zinc

Re: Alienware Alien FX message

Further to the above I rebooted with the tick mark OFF, No message appeared. So that's not it.  However, which that off, it may prevent T/D from making this (permanent) change.  Perhaps setting that icon to "hide icon and notification" will eliminate that message, but that's not a fix but only a hiding the problem from view.

0 Kudos
Spamfighter
3 Zinc

Ok, below is the "fix" I stumbled accross and additional information.

First of all early this morning I trying to test this further, I opened "Try&Decide" (T&D) from Acronis again and it again (now for the 3rd time changed AilienFX to "disabled"

Looking again into the Help menu of AlienFX.  A search for that qouted line did NOT find anything (perhaps my spelling error) but manually reading through many sections it it mentions that on the ICON on the right side on your Task Bar (may be a hidden icon) when right clicking it, it would give  the "Disable Alienware AlienFX Events" or " Enable Alienware AlienFX Events" line. Well mine certainly does not

I tried the "Go Dark" line and as stated all my lights went off. However, the icon name now changed from "Alienware AlienFX (Disabled) to "Alianware Alien FX (Go Dark mode)".

Clicking now on "Go Light" the lights came back on and the Icon name changed now to "Alienware AlienFX (Alienware ath)   No more "Disabled" and hence no more pesky notice when booting.

So... if other run into this problem (see below!) - above is the two click fix.

HOWEVER:  

1. Later to-day AlienFX had gone into "disabled" mode without my opening T&D.  Only used E-mail, the Internet, Excel and WordPerfect so not sure what initiated this change.  I fixed it in the manner outlined above.
  2. I then opened T&D again BUT this time it did NOT change AlienFX to disabled.  Three times it did it, now it did NOT.  A Mistery!!.

There must be a gremlin in my system (Norton states no virus). Perhaps my Alienware Keybord? But why no such problem for almost a year?  Whatever, problable I never find out., but know of a fix other then having to instal a previous Acronis image.

AS to my  AlienFX menu not having that line outlined in the Help section, perhaps because I have not set up any events in the first place., i.e. just like the line changes from Go Dark to Go Lite, that missing line appears after setting up an event.. 

0 Kudos
DaDAWG1
3 Argentium

Hey thanks for checking that out. I tried it they way you did, go dark and then go light. Now the icon has green eyes again and it is not saying it is diabled. Thanks!

0 Kudos

I had the same problem with that disable mode and the message that appeared at every reboot. I was able to fix it with the Go Dark and Go light solution. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
y2kc5oh
1 Copper

Go Dark and Go light worked for me too.

0 Kudos
BladeLighter
1 Copper

Thanx m8 worked for me ... simple , when you know how

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tigerwolf7
5 Iridium

Geez, I've only had my M17x-R4 3 days and ran into this.  Guess it's not just a Windows 8 thing.

All my lights went out, and I noticed the icon said disabled.  Flipping "go dark" and "go light" fixed it (for now).

Unfortunately that's not the only weirdness I've run across...also had my main display (an external monitor) be on, but just display black after getting back to my system after I've been gone a few minutes.  Had to disable the external monitor and reenable it for it to work again (or reboot).  Also had the thing appear completely locked up, only to come back to life with control alt delete-like the OS wasn't actually crashed at all, but something made it look that way.  I'm not sure what to think...mostly the system is great, but...

0 Kudos
mcgroarty
1 Copper

RE: Alienware Alien FX message

Thanks for the solution. It's 2016 and this is still an issue.

As best I can tell, the issue is caused when some games play with the case lighting. Bro Force is a good example. Each time one plays, that message will pop up after each restart until toggling to dark and light again.

Alienware's software really ought to revert to the previous setting when the third party app exits, or it should at least revert to the last user choice on next reboot. It makes the third party case light API feature more of a liability than a pleasure.

0 Kudos

RE: Alienware Alien FX message

Right click on the Alienware AlienFX icon and choose Go Dark. Go back there again and then choose Go Light.

Worked for me; give it a try.

0 Kudos