Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2014 23:00

Alienware Alpha- Dragon Age Inquisition

I just got an Alpha- Core i7 top of the line version, and I'm trying to run Dragon Age Inquisition.  The game won't run because it says it needs 340.52 or later drivers, and the Alpha only has 338.10.  I tried updating the drivers both on Dell and Nvidia's site.  Dell doesn't have a newer driver, and the latest Nvidia one won't detect the GPU during install.  Is there a possible work around for this?

• 

2.7K Posts

November 26th, 2014 08:00

Hello Wolf505!

Could you please send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can check if there is something I can do for you? 

1 Message

November 26th, 2014 18:00

I am having the exact same issue, maxed out Alpha, Dragon Age Inquisition will not run because graphics drivers are too old. Nvidia driver does not recognize the hardware, this isn't a good start for a new gaming system...

3 Posts

November 26th, 2014 20:00

Same here. Disappointing to say the least. Being left in the dark doesn't help either. We need to know if there is gonna be support for this custom gpu or not.

2 Posts

November 29th, 2014 06:00

Same issue here.  What's up with the Alpha not being compatible with standard Nvidia drivers?  At least they should be compatible with drivers released in the past couple of months!  That's the whole point of a gaming computer... to be able to play new games!

I hope the Alpha will be compatible with the latest Nvidia drivers and there is some workaround.  Otherwise, I am seriously questioning this purchase!

No Events found!