Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2012 07:00

Alienware Area 51 ALX problems.

Hello.
I have always been a huge fan of the Alienware brand...

As for right now, I play Eyefinity with Alienware screens, I have the TactX headset, mouse, both the Alienware bags and a M14X laptop.

But what I always wanted was the Area 51 Chassis, I found it so amazing.
Though I never really liked the price you had to pay for the hardware that goes in to them...
And I like to choose freely 100% my own hardware... 

When a friend some weeks back asked me if I would like to buy his Chassis I said yes immediatly.
I went home and put my hardware into the Alienware Chassis.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
Crossfire 6970 Sapphire Radeon.
16 Gig RAM.
And the special 1050 W PSU from Alienware.

Now I get the computer running, but the fans are blasting at 100% wich makes it almost impossible to be in the same room as the machine.
Aswell as the Lightning effects are not working.

The Command Center starts, but it does not show anything, it is just empty, and gives a very long Error messenge when I try to go into the Temp section. 

Please help me...

//Marcus 

2.4K Posts

March 21st, 2012 10:00

Is this the older Area 51 system? Sounds like the Alienware Command Center software needs to be reinstalled. Even then IDK if that would fix it.

406 Posts

March 21st, 2012 14:00

install the latest .net framework & install the latest asp.net, reinstall command center.

March 21st, 2012 17:00

Reinstallment of FX and CC are done several times.

March 21st, 2012 17:00

Thank you for the tip, I will certainly try that.

The problem is just that I can not seem to find them on the Dell support "Drives" section..

Where might I be avalible to find them?

406 Posts

March 21st, 2012 18:00

Follow these steps...

#1 Uninstall Command Center

#2 Uninstall AlienFX

#3 Restart Computer

#4 Run CCleaner and clean the Registry download.piriform.com/ccsetup316.exe

#5 Restart Computer

#6 Install .net framework 4 - www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

#7 Install asp.net 4 - www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

#8 Restart Computer

#9 Install Command Center

#10 Install AlienFX

#11 Restart Computer

#12 Test Command Center.

March 22nd, 2012 04:00

I tried it, step by step.

But I still have no lights and the fans are blasting 100%.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 22nd, 2012 17:00

MIO-Board must be connected to USB-1 header on MB.

Run Dell Diags from a bootable CD and see if it will detect MIO-Board, test it, and let you change the light-colors for example.

See Favorite Posts under my Username for more MIO-Board troubleshooting.

March 29th, 2012 05:00

There is only one "slot"? on the MIO board that is not connected, and that is a Blue one wich none of my cables fit.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 29th, 2012 13:00

All headers or connectors have a name next to them. There is also a picture in the Service Manual. Obviously, everything must be connected properly.

See previous post about PSA/Dell Diags. If the MIO-Board isn't detected outside of Windows, there is no way it will work inside of Windows.

2.4K Posts

April 12th, 2012 15:00

Can it be so that the MIO board does not work if you do not have a special "Alienware Approved" Motherboard / BIOS, or whatever?

Are you using Command Center or Command Center Desktop? If you are using the desktop version then try the other one. Command Center will look for the BIOS and if it doesn't find it then it looks for Command Center. This is how Chris-M explained it way back then. So maybe it just can't find ACC.

Use the Command Center and not the Command Center for Desktop and lets see what happens.

Can it be so that the MIO board does not work if you do not have a special "Alienware Approved" Motherboard / BIOS, or whatever?

I still haven't been avalible to find out what the problem is. Everything on the MIO board is connected except a blue socket called "USBFLASH1".

April 18th, 2012 09:00

I can not get it to work, and given all the money I've spent in Alienware Products I think that just because I didn't buy this one piece from them it's hillarious that they will not give me service. I am not sure what to think about that? That they might just be   that does not care for their customers? I thank everyone here in the forum who actually tried to help me, but I am not sure if I would even like to continue with trying to make this chassis work, because clearly it will not work until DELL/Alienware takes a look at it wich will never happen. This entire incident made me sad and gave me a lust never to promote Alienware or DELL to anyone again. I might just go the other way and buy me an Apple Macbook instead of this Alienware M14X I am sitting with right now.

April 18th, 2012 11:00

What did the moderator do to my post?

You're making me look like a twelve year old, if you are to change any words that might be in violation of the forum rules, please don't mess up my entire post...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 18th, 2012 15:00

My removal of one word did not mess up your entire post. Going forward, I will simply remove the whole post and ask you to repost without the profanity.

No Events found!