Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2015 20:00

Alienware Audio

After upgrading to Windows 10, Alienware Audio isn't working as it had before the upgrade. Specifically under Speaker/Headphone tab both MAXXAUDIO PRO and the Equalizer have nothing to choose from. Their area of the page is blank.

Additionally if I go to Advanced and try to restore defaults the PC crashes to a Windows blue screen that reports the error and then reboots.

Checking the drivers, here on the Dell site, doesn't show any out of date audio drivers.

Has anyone else experienced this or, more importantly, does anyone have a solution?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 14th, 2015 09:00

Hello Steve4648, 

Try reinstalling the Realtek audio driver from the Dell support site, in the Drivers and Downloads section. Click here for the download link. Let us know how it goes. 

9 Posts

August 14th, 2015 12:00

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I downloaded and tried to install the referenced driver package. I received an "Update Failed" message and was referred to a log file. Reading through the log I found a statement saying the driver being loaded was older than the one installed.

My system is an Alienware X51 R2 (Early 2013) 16GB RAM and the NVidia GTX -760 Ti

Looking at my packing slip it says "Base, ANW DT, ANDROMEDA R2" The slip does not mention any type of audio device.

My Alienware Audio Equalizer worked well before the Windows 10 Upgrade.

1 Message

August 17th, 2015 07:00

I have the exact same problem, I wish you had a solution..

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 17th, 2015 12:00

Hello, 

Try uninstalling all of the Realtek audio software that you show in Programs and Features (If any) and restart your computer. After doing this, try reinstalling the audio driver package from the Dell site again. Let me know how it goes.   

9 Posts

August 17th, 2015 20:00

Did that. Unfortunately the Alienware Audio appellate is gone too. Although a Realtek audio volume adjustment comes up - Aleinware Audio is no more.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 18th, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

Click here to view a thread from the Alienware Arena forum. It provides some workarounds for similar audio issues that have been reported after doing the Windows 10 update. Try the workarounds and let us know if they fix the issue.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 25th, 2015 14:00

Hello Steve4648 and E-Revo,

If you are still experiencing this audio problem, please send me a PM with your service tag so we can look further into this.  

No Events found!