Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2013 12:00

Alienware Aurora ALX - Extended warranty

Hi guys,

I have bought an ALX in 2011 and I bought extended warranty until this month.

dell offered me a new extended warranty for another 3 years. That will cost me almost $900.

Now, I have few issues with my computer, issues that were fixed by myself mostly since their tech were not very able to do it, using parts sent by Dell.

My MIO board was fried and I have replaced it once. I was willing to buy one just to have a spare, since this one controls everything in the computer, but DELL didn't want to sell me one because they claim that they keep their parts for their warranty customers. This is a little bit Awkward for me since I spend $6000 in the computer. I mean, I buy a car and let's say 4 years later the warranty is out (BMW for example) they will not sell me a water pump because ethey keep them for warranty?

What is this?

I am talking about a fully loaded computer at that time that cost me almost $6000.

Please advise me what should I do.

Thank you

September 10th, 2013 15:00

Hi AA7, you can certainly purchase another motherboard if you want . Contact the software/gaming department and they will help you out.

54 Posts

September 10th, 2013 18:00

hello,

they "do not have the part in stock and they don't have a time frame in this regard". I have asked what is going to happen if I will be out of warranty and I do need the part?

They said to me: in this case we feel sorry for you sir!

NIIICEE!

So, let me get this straight: I am buying a $6000 computer, they take my money, the first one is defective out of the box, I am waiting three months for the second one to be delivered. After few months the MIO board dies, and here I am waiting another few weeks. After that, my warranty will be out and they don't have the part????

SERIOUSLY DELL?

I have bought six Alienware and over 40 DELL in 10 years but this is the deal breaker right here!

I am really disappointed and I am frustrated that they want another $900 for 3 years extra warranty.

I never had a problem with my own build computers, I never thought that a such expensive machine will be so unreliable and will cost me more....

September 11th, 2013 13:00

AA7, can you send me a PM with you service tag? I can check if we will have the part you need any time soon, and let you know as soon as we get it for you to purchase it. If the part is not replaced before the warranty expires we will cover the problem and replace the part as soon as we have back on stock. Also it would be covered for another 30 days after the replacement.

54 Posts

September 12th, 2013 09:00

I have sent a PM as suggested. Please let me know if you have received it.

thank you.

September 12th, 2013 11:00

I didn't, can you send it again please?

No Events found!