Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2013 16:00

Alienware Aurora R3 will not turn on

I've had this computer since 6/28/2011 and today something odd happened.  When I got home today I awoke the computer from sleep mode and started browsing the internet as normal.  Later I walked away from the computer for no more than 5 minutes.  When I came back the computer along with all of the lights were off as if it had been shutdown.  I then tried to start it back up with no success.  I have tried unplugging the power cord from the wall and computer and I even plugged the machine into a different outlet, but nothing has seemed to work yet.  I'm thinking that the power supply must have broke somehow.  Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks and advance.

June 20th, 2013 17:00

That means that the PSU is faulty. If you have an active warranty, send me a private message with your service tag to assist with your problem.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

If you press the little button on the back (on the lower power supply) does the little green light come on?

2 Posts

No the green light does not come on when i press the black button on the PSU

July 21st, 2013 18:00

Mine did same exact thing. Wont turn on. Diff PSU...same results... diff motherboard... same thing..now I can push lil black button...all but 2 fans at least move for sec. Lil light on inside up front showing motherboard getting power. The green wont come on. The PSU is OK (took it out and held it in hand..plugged it in and pushed button green light comes on as well as fan). 

July 21st, 2013 19:00

Forgot to mention mine is an Aurora (r1?).

No Events found!